Thank You Mark Beck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Mark Beck

Well how to start this story?? I never met Mark Beck ,well at least never had his help at the counter at WH.I use to see him at traffic lights in Modesto in the Baja...always said hey Ive got a 66.... Back in April 20 2011 I was trying to get my brother to do something with our Bronco after sitting unfinished for about 8 years, we were at Crossroads shopping center in Riverbank ...so we are walking out we had been talking about what to do with the Bronco....Tracy had not had the feeling about building her so I showed him Norcal Broncos site "look we can build it any way we want everyone has a different look" we were walking out of the store we just did a Cotton Candy machine at Target ,as we got into the truck still talking stock-lifted-what did we what to do to the Bronco, Tracy's last word is its not going to be a show truck? maybe a ratrod 4x4..As I look up Parked across the parking lot I see a Bronco!! No just the MARK BECK sticker on the back window of a Ford truck. I got major chills. That was a sign telling us that Bronco had to be built.. two days later on our Birthday which is today we bought a body lift, next week springs and coils and on with the build even though we did not know what we were doing. So everyone that knew Mark let me tell if it wasn't for his sticker you all display proudly this story would never been told. R.I.P. Mark Beck and Thank you

Re: Thank You Mark Beck

The picture says it all...
    Attached Files
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Always enjoyed shooting the shit with Mark at the counter. Very easy to loose track of time in the store. Part was the parts and part was BS'n with Mark.

Rest in peace brother.
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

He was the best! I miss talking with him too. Great story!! I've still got my stickers.

Comment

Funny, I was just thinking about him the other day too. How many times do you encounter a guy behind the parts counter who remembers you by name when you step through the front door every single time? Customer service was his true calling.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

I was just a WH yesterday and had a little flashback of Mark helping me out...he was the first person I met behind the counter on my first visit there.....R.I.P Mark!
            '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Awesome guy. Could chat with him for hours. First time I met him felt like we had been friends for years.
              We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Comment

Forever in my sig line
                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I remember talking to him several times on the phone and finally met him at Pops Bronctober Fest. He made a real impression on me. I was in WH 2 weeks ago, saw the sticker on the counter and thought of him again. Unforgettable guy.
                  Now get that EB built. He will be there with the rest of us when we get together to check it out.
                  Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Mark was an amazing guy, he and I had some great conversations over the short few years I knew him.

Just to show what type of a guy he was, instead of charging me shipping on some custom brake lines I ordered he dropped them off at my house on his way up to his place in Tahoe. He is always greatly missed.

RIP Mark.

Comment

Working...
                    X