Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on buying Bronco to part out

Hey everyone,

Been a while trying to get back working on my bronco after taking a break with little ones. Thinking about buying and selling parts to try to finance part of it. How much do you guys est one would get out of a full size 78 bronco. Might be able to get one on the cheap but not sure what would make it worth it or not.

Thanks!
    sigpicZ

1970 project. 302 nv4500, 3 1/2 inch lift, 2 BL, D44

Re: Advice on buying Bronco to part out

A couple hundred dollars... The 400M engines aren't very desirable, big block C6 transmissions are everywhere. NP205 is worth $100. The full width Dana 44 isn't the best because it has cast wedges. Worth $100-$200 or whatever somebody will pay for it. The 9" isn't rare or super valuable by any means. Maybe worth $100. The steering box is worth some dough if you aquire the parts to make a 4x4x2 box. Basically if you have to pay for a 78/79 bronco you won't make much profit for a ton of work...
    Last edited by Efibroncoman; 05-22-2014, 09:06 PM.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Thanks that was really helpful. My deal suddenly looks less like a deal.

-Zach
      sigpicZ

Comment

Bought my last 2 for $600 each. I don't think you can lose at that price but it is still a lot of work and you end up with a yard full of stuff you have to haul to the scrap yard. I pretty much agree with Efi. Could be wrong, never hurts to try it out if you are in for a can't loose price. You won't know if there is any demand without advertising. How much for the steering box?
        www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

You'll make money if the wheels and rims are in good shape... otherwise its break even with a good amount of labor
          Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Ha ha the steering box is the only thing I need! The price I was going to get it for was more then $600 so I think Ill pass. My 1970 has enough work on it's own for me to do. I ll see if I can beg borrow and steal elsewhere. Thanks guys for letting me bounce ideas off you.

Z
            sigpicZ

Comment

Working...
            X