4x4x2 pic's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4x2 pic's?

Could those of you that have the 4x4x2 box post up some pics of yours from this angle? I'm trying to figure out where to put this one. I think it needs to be moved forward an 3/4" or so, moved up 1", and rotated clockwise (3/4" splines down) some. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Here is a pic of the plate BC sells the holes are drilled for both the stock EB box and the 4x4x2 box. This should give you a pretty good idea.

http://bcbroncos.com/store/popup_image.php?pID=331
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Here are some pics of mine when I installed it. Hope this helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, mine looks way too low. I like the way your box is up on the frame, and the shaft doesn't have much leverage on the mount.

Comment

The only thing that I wish that I had done is put a piece of angle iron on the top of the frame rail to help support the back side of the box that sticks up above the frame. With the ram assit it isn't as big a deal, but I still wish that I had done it just for piece of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
            The only thing that I wish that I had done is put a piece of angle iron on the top of the frame rail to help support the back side of the box that sticks up above the frame. With the ram assit it isn't as big a deal, but I still wish that I had done it just for piece of mind.
            If i just hold the 3/8" up above the frame to the bottom of the box will that be enough, or will the angle make a difference??

Comment

Something like this.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 720Racer
                If i just hold the 3/8" up above the frame to the bottom of the box will that be enough, or will the angle make a difference??

Yeah that would work great. Just leave the 3/8 sticking up an inch or so (whatever looks good) and that should support the back side of the box perfect. Good idea!

Comment

I think that would be better than nothing you could always add a small gusset between the top of the frame and the plate. That way you could do over kill on Patrick's overkill design
                  69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
                    I think that would be better than nothing you could always add a small gusset between the top of the frame and the plate. That way you could do over kill on Patrick's overkill design
                    I was thinking the same thing, a small gusset on each side of the box, down to the frame. Maybe even all the way over to the top of the inside plate.

Comment

Double overkill!!! Man I've just been up staged! I LIKE IT!!!

Comment

OK,

I re-did the mount, tell me what you think. Had to notch the frame crossmember a little to make room for the top bolt. 3/8" plate each side.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 720Racer; 02-27-2007, 11:14 PM.

Comment

That looks better, it also looks like if you didn't raise your box getting the ram hoses on would have been troublesome. If you put the gussets on keep those in mind. I think most people drill the top bolt at a slight angle to clear the crossmember, notching it is probably better.

Comment

.....looks like if you didn't raise your box getting the ram hoses on would have been troublesome.....
                            I was wondering what fittings I'd have to buy before, now it'll be eaiser to hook up.

.....I think most people drill the top bolt at a slight angle to clear the crossmember, notching it is probably better.....
                            I hope I didn't weaken the crossmember by notching, but I know the frame is stronger now. I was thinking of a gusset from the inner plate horizonally to the crossmember, between the top and bottom bolts to make up for the notch. It was so much eaiser to drill the plates on the work bench, so I tried to keep them straight.

Comment

Lookin' good, I did something similar...I used 3/8" stock made a "C" that slid over the top of the frame with the extra support and gussets against the box. After the install, my TRO swap and new angles made my TR and DL too close for comfort on compression, so I notched my body mount, re-plated as well as adding tubing btwn the frame rails for more support. The box was moved ~1-1.25" foward and my angles are money...
                              '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Working...
                              X