AAAAND..... I'm Out......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAAND..... I'm Out......

Today will be my last day in uniform. Hard to believe it but today, I retire.
    11 hours. That's all that is left.
    Feels very strange. Both happy and sad. I have had a job since I was 16 years old. Now. Soon to be unemployed.
    The vultures are circling. Looking for what ever gear or uni's they can pick from my locker. I'm sure they wont take the garbage. I'll have to clean that out. It's amazing how much crap and junk you can accumulate in a locker over your career. Things from trainings long past that you knew you would need, but never looked at again. Strange.
    For the first time in a long time I no longer have a duty weapon......
    Hmmm... Feeling almost... Naked...

But I think it's the co workers... The people that become your family. The shared time both good and bad. The locker room shit talking. Gonna really miss that.....

BUT... Now I get more time under the hood. I guess that's a good thing. Right?

So today is my company bbq at work. Tonight is my beer and carrer bullshit stories at the bar, and tomorrows hangover will be how I start the next chapter in my life.

Once again, as we all do at times. I step into the unknown..

1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Re: AAAAND..... I'm Out......

I need some been bag rounds.

Congratulations Tony, don't party to hard in retirement.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Congratulations on your new chapter in life. This is what you work towards n hope to have some day in life. Not everyone will. Feel good n prowed. Happy for you.

Comment

Congrats, Tony! I've heard a few of your stories - I think you've earned this. Enjoy. My father's been retired for 12 years and he still says that he doesn't know how he ever had time for work.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Congratulations!!
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Comment

Congrats

Even though we are in different services, I know exactly what you mean and what you are going through.
              I will miss the Guys and Gals, but I will not miss the BS, but in some twisted way you will...

You did the best you could with what you were provided and hopefully you made a difference.

Enjoy your last day, and the days that follow. Be Safe and good luck in the job hunt.

Doug
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Congratulations!
                Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Way to go old man.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

No sh@t? Congrats man!! But aren't you like in the early 40s or so? Wish I could say I was close to retirement, but no luck... Thank you for your service and enjoy that next chapter!
                    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Congratulations Tony! Job well done. Enjoy some time off for a awhile, get under that hood and have some fun. Then life has a way of falling into place when the time is right. Thanks for your service.

Comment

congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats brother....
                          1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Near as I can tell it only gets better, and you are well prepared for that contingency. Go get it! And thanks.
                              Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X