Help/Advice in the South Bay Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help/Advice in the South Bay Area?

I have a 71 Bronco I am building, basically found this pile in a field, so having to change a lot of stuff. I was wondering if there is any one out there in the South Bay with experience who would like to assist and in return there is beer AND help on your rig if needed.

Things I'm having trouble with or might need help with is Brake issues (getting fluid when bleeding rear, but runs out of fluid but master is still full), wiring issues, swapping an NV 4500 into it with an NP205 or Dana 20, electrical and install of a 351W. Also looking for some one who has done these things before and has advice on routes to take to avoid complications in the future.

Ideally I'm also looking to get a little gang going down here in the south bay for camping/wheeling trips, any takers?

Cheers!

Re: Help/Advice in the South Bay Area?

Welcome! First things first. Post up some pics of the rig. We love pics around here.

Lots of good advice on this board. I haven't been to any of the build parties yet but there have been several in the area. I'm sure if you post up a thread, settle on a date, and provide food/BEER, people will show up to help. Where in South Bay are you?

Comment

Im in Milpitas, off 880 and Montague. Know of any one in the immediate area?

Comment

I live in Mtn View but I work in Milpitas near McCarthy and Tasman.

Comment

Welcome!
          There are some very nice rigs in your area (the owners are good guys too). I am just over in Livermore and have gotten together with the south bay guys a few times for work parties and the occasional evening dinner/drink sessions that those guys arrange.

Off the top of my head - your rear brake issue.. you say that you're getting fluid when bleeding the rears but the reservoir stays full. I would check your brake lines all the way back and make sure there are no obvious problems. Brake lines are easy and cheap enough to replace so that might be something to consider.
          Last edited by CityHick; 08-06-2014, 09:21 AM.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Cool, thanks guys! Gddyup, where abouts do you work? I used to live in Mountain view. Got the rear brakes fixed, just changed out all lines and made an adaptor for 9inch brake lines (still 3/8's into the dana 60 drums), just had to make a bracket for the distribution block, seems to be working ok now. Think there was crap rusted dirt in the lines to.

Gddyup- What rig do you have? What work do you need or have you done so far?

Comment

I work on Sycamore near McCarthy blvd. I have two Broncos. One is a trail Bronco with a lift, 35s, lockers, blah blah blah. I need to fix the hydroassist ram mounting. It rotates the tierod as it pushes and pulls. The other is a slightly modified uncut stock Bronco. I'm putting in a Centech harness in that one with a custom dash.

Comment

Hey gddyup, sent you a private reply. I was debating the hydro ram assist myself, sounded like a bit more work than I wanted with mounting generically. Hows the dash coming, if you haven't completed those projects yet let me know. I would be interested in checking out/helping out if needed. Helps me learn for my rig.

Comment

Working...
                X