hagerty insurance claim???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hagerty insurance claim???

Just rode through the big quake this morning. I had several items fly around the garage resulting in several dents dings and scratches to my vehicle. I do have the limited quake insurance witht the annual aggregate of 16k. Based on auto body prices I am assuming its gonna cost 5-7k for the repairs(trunk and entire drivers side). Not much detail in the policy papers, but do you think they will cover it?
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Re: hagerty insurance claim???

I cant say for sure but my buddy had a cabinet fall off the wall in his garage, not during an earthquake, but he was covered. Be careful how much info you give out to the shop & insu. LESS IS MORE. Dont lie but dont say it till they ask!!

Comment

I believe your Hagarty policy should cover you.

Comment

Made the call and they took my info, pending another call. Sad thing is the paint was almost flawless before the quake. My bronco some how was untouched. The roll away tool box did land against the flares of the bronco. I just switched their spots in the garage which means the roll away would have crushed the mustang.

Comment

Hagerty accepted the claim as an "other than collision" circumstance. Now I need to find a good body and paint shop. I live in Napa, but the car is driveable. Would prefer 1hr drive or less.

Comment

Talk to CageDave! His body and paint work looks awesome.
            My father has a different classic car policy on three cars. He's submitted one claim for an other than collision event (leaking gasoline from the filler stripped a fender). He got it fixed with no problems. Classic policies are typically good that way. Sorry that you sustained damage but glad it'll be taken care of.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

I ve seen some of his work and it looks good. I will call him tomorrow and see what we can work out.

Comment

Cage Dave is working on my Bronco as we speak.

Comment

90% of the car sustained damage, so the estimator was going to try and get Hagerty to paint the entire car. The shop said they can paint on top of the existing two layers of paint (covered by insurance), but stated that the paint can have a reaction. He said I can have it media blasted for 1500-2000 and he would do a lifetime guaranty. However it can expose rust and bondo which could cost thousands more to fix. He advised that the existing paint is in really good shape, but there is some evidence of reaction. Im leaning towards having it blasted. Any experiences here?

Comment

Three layers of paint is getting a bit thick. I think I'd get some more professional opinions before deciding.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

All the shops I looked at, and my coworker that used to paint cars, said 3 layers is max. I did talk to cagedave but the insurance wont allow him to do it since he is not an official shop.

Comment

You have to fight with the Insurance Company there going to try to get off cheep that's there goal got a friend let me know his brother manages shop he can right you a real estimate in Marin

Comment

I've had lots of cars media blasted. There will be damage you weren't expecting. You just hope it's not real bad. Your cost will go up but you have a fresh start. All the bad work n crappy material will be exposed n can be fixed right. Media blasting has really gone up in the last few years. I would get some pricing on the paint, media blasting and add some for hidden damage n see where your at. It's easy to spend more then the car is going to be worth after all is said n done.

Thanks for the nice comments above guys.

Comment

Hagerty approved $6600 for an entire repaint and all body work needed to repair quake damage. After some parts were removed from the car the shop advised there was bondo in the drivers door, rear quarter, and passenger fender. The shop estimated 1500-3k to fix the old bondo work. So I could be out of pocket 3500-5k if the car gets stripped. At that point I will be 19-21k in a 17 thousand dollar car. I am thinking of just having the minimum work done that insurance will cover. I dont know if I really want to be 4k over what the Nada guide priced the car at. No sentimental value in the car at this point.

Comment

Got a call today from Hagerty asking how the repair is going. I explained that the shop really wanted to strip the old paint due to checking issues and mentioned that I was paying that on my own. I also mentioned that the shop told me he had told the estimator 7-8k for paint and body, but I was given a check for $6600. I was not complaining just explaining the extra work i was having done and didnt mind paying for it. The agent was very apologetic and advised that she will have the estimator recontact the shop in order to try and get me more money.

Comment

Working...
                              X