Nor Cal rock racing Sept 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nor Cal rock racing Sept 6th

I'll be up there racing in the pre runner class with my "Jeep" this weekend, if you're not up to anything I'd love the support.

http://www.norcalrockracing.com/Norc....com/Home.html
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Re: Nor Cal rock racing Sept 6th

I will try to make it.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

planned on going, but have three sports games I need to attend for the boys.

Comment

Been on my calendar since the last one see ya out there Mark!
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Dangit, I will be minutes away from there on Saturday but unable to attend. I may try and sneak by for a little while. Sounds like fun.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

How'd ya do Mark? Rick, why no pics?
            71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Comment

Here's a pi of the legend.
              Attached Files
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

It was great seeing you Marc, I wish I was more social but I had a lot of my mind and was running on few hours sleep, sorry about that.

The car was fighting issues.
                On the first heat after 2 laps the water pump shaft blew out and sent the fan into the radiator.
                Not a big deal, I had a spare fan and a radiator, so we sent someone to town to pick up a water pump.
                Well, there was a year change on my radiator, so the "new" one was 3/8's larger, in a tight package where the drag link just misses the bottom of the radiator to start, it won't work. So we hammered out the brackets welded up some scrap and pushed the radiator up and pulled the hood off the car.
                Back at it I was fighting carb issues, we think we sunk a float or blew out the needle and seat, it would only run at wide open throttle.
                In the main I started 6th or 7th, as the flag man is counting down, at "2" I have to turn the fuel pump on as it floods out. 3...2..... Go! At the 500 foot mark I was in first place and lead the next 3 laps.
                The car took a turn for the worse, as it only ran at full throttle I had to ride the brake while floored in the turns, if I didn't do it just right, it would stall, i didn't do it right a few times stall and took a ride in the bushes.
                On the final lap I was still in 2nd after a few unplanned stopped, but 2000' from the finish line the upper radiator hose blew and with no hood showered me in 270 degree coolant and I went blind. During this I did panic and forgot to keep the motor alive and it stalled again. It took me 90 seconds to get it fired again and I got passed and ended up at 4th.
                I was faster than everyone else there (tracker times said I killed them) but I was just fighting issues that was not well enough prepared for.

I hope to have it back together and in VORRA at the end of October.
                Mark Harris

Comment

It was great seeing you Marc, I wish I was more social but I had a lot of my mind and was running on few hours sleep, sorry about that.

The car was fighting issues.
                  On the first heat after 2 laps the water pump shaft blew out and sent the fan into the radiator.
                  Not a big deal, I had a spare fan and a radiator, so we sent someone to town to pick up a water pump.
                  Well, there was a year change on my radiator, so the "new" one was 3/8's larger, in a tight package where the drag link just misses the bottom of the radiator to start, it won't work. So we hammered out the brackets welded up some scrap and pushed the radiator up and pulled the hood off the car.
                  Back at it I was fighting carb issues, we think we sunk a float or blew out the needle and seat, it would only run at wide open throttle.
                  In the main I started 6th or 7th, as the flag man is counting down, at "2" I have to turn the fuel pump on as it floods out. 3...2..... Go! At the 500 foot mark I was in first place and lead the next 3 laps.
                  The car took a turn for the worse, as it only ran at full throttle I had to ride the brake while floored in the turns, if I didn't do it just right, it would stall, i didn't do it right a few times stall and took a ride in the bushes.
                  On the final lap I was still in 2nd after a few unplanned stopped, but 2000' from the finish line the upper radiator hose blew and with no hood showered me in 270 degree coolant and I went blind. During this I did panic and forgot to keep the motor alive and it stalled again. It took me 90 seconds to get it fired again and I got passed and ended up at 4th.
                  I was faster than everyone else there (tracker times said I killed them) but I was just fighting issues that was not well enough prepared for.

I hope to have it back together and in VORRA at the end of October.
                  Mark Harris

Comment

I was wondering if you were going to throw a Q-jet on there before the race. I guess not. Sounds like it was a good time anyway.
                    1971 EB: 3.5" 4 link rear, wristed front, 2" body, 96 Explorer 5.0 EDIS EEC-IV, C6, Nissan PS, Hydroboost w/front disks, 4.88 9" w/spool, D44 w/ aussie locker, TRO, 37" MTRs

Comment

I tired to!
                      I bought a "rebuild" one off of Craigslist and tossed it on, it had loads of issues and I got sick of it so I put the other carter back on it and I knew it only had a few issues.

Now that qjet sits on my bench with other unfinished items to get looked at and rebuilt correctly.
                      I did look at two other cars with good carbs that I was going to rob them off of, but that's a vicious cycle once you start taking apart running cars for parts.
                      Mark Harris

Comment

Working...
                      X