Looking for a few items...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
    that's it...I'm tearing my EB apart and doing it again...thanks for the inspiration....my wife thanks you as well...

He He He. I'm always here to help! LOL. Give me call if you want to stop by some time. Or I may make a run to Wild Horses to pick up some parts here pretty soon.

Comment

No kidding!! My wife doesn't want me to see this post that's for sure. The crossmember is just labor and steel...shouldn't be too much. I will call you but a couple questions.

What spring are you now using in the rear...did you move front and rear spring mounts back? How much wheelbase did you gain...what is it now?

Delta...There is a 3:1 gear set for the 203?? Who makes it? How much? That would be ideal since the 203 and 205 stock total just 4:1. I've heard about a new set of 205 gears that is 3:1. Did you mean the 205?
      Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

HERE is the link to the 203 gear set. I looked into these but I just couldn't spend the $1000 for a set of gears. So I'll have to live with the 4:1 for now.

I'm running the WH 5.5 11 leaf pack in the rear. I cut off the front and back leaf spring hangers and moved them back 4 inches and re-welded them to the frame. 4 inches is about all I could go without the D60 hitting gas tank. I moved the gas tank and crossmember back 4 inches too. As it is now the D60 is going to be very close to the tank upon full suspension compression. That gave me a total wheel base of 96 inches. I thought about moving the front end forward too, but decided to just leave it alone for now.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
          HERE ..... I thought about moving the front end forward too, but decided to just leave it alone for now.
          I looked into this too. You can buy the coil buckets now, but that is just some of what needs to move. 96 is good for me. That is what i figured I would net after moving everything towards the rear. Did you consider a shackle flip?

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Don't overlook a klune 4-1 and a 205. Ends up about the same lenght and gives you a broad enough range of gears for all terrains. Plus it'll be lighter, not that it really matters though.
            My setup came out to roughtly $2300. short adapter, short shaft conversion for tranny and klune box.
            You get 1-1, 2-1, 4-1 and 6-1
            Last edited by bent70; 06-03-2005, 03:18 PM.
            70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Originally posted by NOTPRETTY
              No kidding!! My wife doesn't want me to see this post that's for sure. The crossmember is just labor and steel...shouldn't be too much. I will call you but a couple questions.

What spring are you now using in the rear...did you move front and rear spring mounts back? How much wheelbase did you gain...what is it now?

Delta...There is a 3:1 gear set for the 203?? Who makes it? How much? That would be ideal since the 203 and 205 stock total just 4:1. I've heard about a new set of 205 gears that is 3:1. Did you mean the 205?

No. te 203. see link above. What would be nice, if $$$ wasn't an option....3:1 in both the 203 and the 205...9:1!!! I'll sleep on that...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

One thing to remember about just moving the rear axle back is that by doing this you are going to be transfering more weight to the front of the bronco,(I know this from moving mine back three inches) and the bronco is already front heavy. I will hopefully be moving my front forward about six inches here soon. A friend in Colorado already did this, and it works good for him. Here is a pic in his driveway.
                Last edited by earlybronco72; 01-03-2009, 01:23 PM.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Looks good. Got a shot of how he handled the PS box and linkages?

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
                    One thing to remember about just moving the rear axle back is that by doing this you are going to be transfering more weight to the front of the bronco,(I know this from moving mine back three inches) and the bronco is already front heavy. I will hopefully be moving my front forward about six inches here soon. A friend in Colorado already did this, and it works good for him. Here is a pic in his driveway.
                    tits.
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Here is a pic of the power steering box. It is off of a Scout II. I don't have any good pics of how he did the track bar, but I will email him, and see if he can get me some. The rest of the swap is pretty straight forward.
                      Last edited by earlybronco72; 01-03-2009, 01:23 PM.
                      Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
                        Here is a pic of the power steering box. It is off of a Scout II. I don't have any good pics of how he did the track bar, but I will email him, and see if he can get me some. The rest of the swap is pretty straight forward.

It appears the body mount was moved...not sure though. Do you know if he moved the bucket and box forward. I think he'd have to to net 6 inches.

He doesn't plan to run the pitman arm pointing forward does he? I've seen people try that, but unless I am thinking wrong, it would steer left when turned right. Not to mention the arm would be a bull's eye for rocks.

Thanks for all the feedback!!

Carpe' Dium

Comment

The pitman arm does go forward, and the way he got it to steer the right direction is that it is a power steering box off of a Scout II, and they go forward on them. As far as I know with the pitman arm, it hasn't been an issue about hitting things. As to the body mount, he did have issues with the tires hitting them in full turn, so he used tubing to mount his front clip, and removed the body mounts. Here is a web page for the bronco in the pictures. http://pages.prodigy.net/rjlougee/joes.html
                          Last edited by earlybronco72; 06-04-2005, 08:25 PM. Reason: forgot a web page
                          Marc D.

Comment

Hey Carl,

Do you already have a 203 that you are going to use? The only reason that I ask is I saw 2 of them today in local pick n pull yards. I thought about you when I saw them. 1 was a GM and the other was a Dodge. Just an FYI.

Comment

No don't have anything...

I was looking for the dodge as this is the box for WH's kit. I don't know which one you used or ORD and WMS uses either. I read the read up on the bronco above and he made his own adapter with the old stuff that he had. he made his own 435/203 stuff...no word on the 203/20 that he was doing.

I am always for making my own parts. I would like to email him for more info on what he did exactly...

WHich box to get is beyond me at this point...I have a lead on a C-4 that might be making it's way into my rig...we'll see...

Comment

I got a Dodge 203 becasue my original plan was to buy the Wild Horse kit and use the D20. Then the more that I thought about it, I changed my mind and went with the 205 instead. I figured it would cost about the same for both set ups and the 203/205 would be a much stronger way to go. Because I had the Dodge 203, I had to have Jeds Machining shorten the 203 output shaft and respline it to mate with the 205. Other than that, everything else just bolted together. Except for the crossmember, I had to Fab up my own.

Comment

Working...
                                X