Line-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line-X

Bring in the bronco and Tuesday to get Line-x to the tub only. Going to go talk to them Thursday to get a quote. If you Line-x or rhino lined bedliner what are the prices that you paid. Just trying to get an idea.
    Have Truck, Trailer, and Bronco will travel

Jes L.

Re: Line-X

Originally posted by NORK2BG View Post
    Bring in the bronco and Tuesday to get Line-x to the tub only. Going to go talk to them Thursday to get a quote. If you Line-x or rhino lined bedliner what are the prices that you paid. Just trying to get an idea.
    Jes,
    Beware...

So I took my former 77, with the Tub all sanded/stripped into the Gilroy Linex. Nice guy or so I thought, as he owned a 66.
    $900 was the quote, with the special "wazu" paint underneath which was supposed to help the material stick. I got called after it was all done and the price was now $1100.00
    I said why the increase? It was more work... I said you never called me to say it would be more money, I only authorized $900 and that is all I am paying. Much round and round discussion in the office. And I was getting pissed. I finally got to the point of saying I would pay the money, but you will never see another Bronco in here again. I am going to redflag you on all the Bronco websites.... So he relented and I paid $900.

Overall I though he did a good job... Now Fatboy 6200 owns my 77, he did a bunch of work on the body and the liner peeled up like masking tape. No Wazu paint underneath!

I had my 2002 Superduty bed done in Montana (10/2001) where I bought it... it was $200 cheaper there than the price I got in the Central valley. It has held up really well, with no issues...

I have not done another tub with Linex since then, so no current comments. I would ask them to take pictures of the process and send them to you, just to make sure you get what you paid for.

Doug

Go to page 5, post 70...

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...p?12628-The-77
    Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-03-2016, 06:25 AM. Reason: pictures
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

FYI, I have Line-x in mine. It was coated back in 2006/2007. It was done by Line-x of San Leandro (which is no longer around). They did a good job and took their time with all the visible transitions. I had them coat the top of the bed rails, top of the rocker panels where you step, etc. It has held up well but also faded for the most part to a dark gray. It cost about $850, which was pricey for back then. They justified it as so many nooks and crannies, additional prep for the inside/under dash/firewall, etc. The underside of the bedrails didn't get an even coating as much as I would have liked. Application was also over many spot areas of POR 15, although I dusted those areas with primer during the POR 15 set-up. I have not had any problems with peeling (knocking on wood). Prep is key!

My bronco lives outside 100% of the time and I only typically have the soft top on during winter (side and rear curtains not attached) so it gets lots of exposure. I'm happy...

A few pointers:
      -Inspect your installers shop, spray booth and prep area. If it’s dirty or messy, find someone else.
      -Visit a few times (esp. if the price is higher than expected) to see some of their finished product right out of the booth. Pay attention to how their exposed edges come out, especially if you will have anything like that.
      -Discus the thickness you want; especially if there will be any visible exposed edges (like on my bedrails). Mine was applied a bit thicker than most.
      - I had them coat the jamb area where the wx stripping attaches to at the door. I would not do that again as it compounded the problem with door closing common interference issues with the newer weatherstripping.
      Last edited by tim; 02-04-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I had my interior tub done about a year and a half ago when I had Cage Dave redo the top and put in a cage. The price was $900 plus $150 for the UV protectant clear coat. I would recommend the UV coat especially if you are going to run without a top. It make the Linex a little shinier which I like. I'm real happy with the results. IMO Linex is the best spray on bedliner on the market.

Comment

Not only did the bed liner with "extra prep" peel on fatboys bronco, when the shop in Gilroy was called about a warranty they told him nope. Not even with the original recipt in hand. To make it worse the local Linex also said nope, your on your own. Do your own research & know what your buying.

Comment

Working...
          X