Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Reintroduces Bill to Exempt pre-1981 Vehicles from Emissions Inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Reintroduces Bill to Exempt pre-1981 Vehicles from Emissions Inspection

This is a job creator if there ever was one. This is the best chance we have had in years to get this done. Click the link send some emails etc. I think there are many 76-77 and 78-79s sitting around just waiting to be built. We have 4 here at WH in the moth ball fleet. It would be great to build a few more rigs with nice clean uncluttered engines. Help us get the word out.

http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?cont...16CA2&g=SEMAGA
    www.wildhorses4x4.com

Re: California Reintroduces Bill to Exempt pre-1981 Vehicles from Emissions Inspectio

Oh please, please, please!!!!

Comment

Re: California Reintroduces Bill to Exempt pre-1981 Vehicles from Emissions Inspectio

Here is a link the actual page where you can e-mail your congressman. Please do so now.

http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?cont...16CA2&g=SEMAGA

Comment

Got this from the SoCA list, done.

IF it passes you can count on CARB enacting a likely illegal rule to circumvent it. Can't relax after it's passed, the head zealot at CARB is not our friend and you can count on that bureaucracy to live up to the worst aspects of the bureaucratic stereotype. They have done exactly this sort of thing in the past, twice that I know of.
        Cross-threaded is tighter than lock-tite

Comment

Yesterday, the CA Senate Transportation and Housing Committee passed (by 6-5 vote) SB-1239, which is a bill that will move the smog exemption cutoff year from 1975 to 1980. This means that a few late 70s classics will now be easier to keep away from the crusher.

If this bill passes, any 1980 model year cars will now be the newest to be exempt from bi-annual and title transfer smog inspection. The bill was introduced earlier this year by Senator Ted Gaines (R-El Dorado) who released a statement saying: “Collector cars and trucks are a unique and important part of California history and need to be preserved. Extending the exemption to 1981 is a common-sense way to encourage that these vehicles remain on display for all to see, drive and enjoy.”
          The bill has passed committee and is now moving on to the next committee in Sacramento, and with any luck we will have Sen Gaines on the DT Radio Show next week to talk about the bill (still working on details). However, if this goes into law, it will be a game changer for the value and usability of 1976-1980 classics here in California. Perhaps now is a good time to pick up a 1976 - 1980 model year car that has trouble passing smog. For pennies on the dollar of course — however, you’ll be stuck with the car if this bill stalls somewhere, so choose wisely. DT’s picks for 1976-1980 classics:
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

that's great news

Comment

Time to look for a 79 and throw an ls in it.
                67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Great news in the Car World !

Comment

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2016...campaign=eNews

By SEMA Washington, D.C., Staff

ca
                    A Senate Appropriations Committee hearing on amended legislation to exempt motor vehicles prior to the ’81 model year from emissions-inspection requirement has been set for Friday, May 27, 2016.

A Senate Appropriations Committee hearing on amended legislation to exempt motor vehicles prior to the ’81 model year from emissions-inspection requirement has been set for Friday, May 27, 2016. Under the amended bill, vehicles manufactured after the ’76 model year but prior to the ’81 model year would be exempted if the owner submits proof that the vehicle is insured as a collector motor vehicle. This exemption would be a two-year trial that would need to be renewed by separate legislation in order to continue. Current law requires the lifetime testing of all ’76 and newer model-year vehicles.

For more information, visit the SEMA Action Network (SAN) website. For details, contact Steve McDonald at stevem@sema.org.

"This exemption would be a two-year trial that would need to be renewed by separate legislation in order to continue." (This is a little concerning...?, Maybe if they find they are losing $$$ they might let it end)
                    Last edited by 904Bronco; 05-26-2016, 03:28 PM.
                    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Can there be a "Collector Bus"? I have a 1976 Ford full size bus (State Prisons) with a 351 Windsor and an Allison auto trans just waiting. Toot toot!
                      Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Collector Ins. Next they will change the law and anything befor 81 will required it
                        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                        X