Bay Area caravan to the Wild Horses Roundup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Area caravan to the Wild Horses Roundup

A quick shout out to anybody in the South Bay and East Bay - last year we had a pretty huge caravan of Broncos leaving from Livermore. We met in the morning in the parking lot where the PW Market used to be on Vasco Road. That location is easy access from the freeway and there's lots of space for those of you with trailers, etc.

So for all of you who will be passing through the 580 corridor, let's plan on doing this again. The show starts at 8:30am per the website, and its around an hour's drive from Livermore. We should plan to head out by 7am.

Please respond here if you plan to join our convoy - it was fun last year driving in a line of that many Broncos up the freeway.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Re: Bay Area caravan to the Wild Horses Roundup

I'm in
    69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

What time would you cruise through Fremont, Ken? We'll be coming from Mtn View so 237->880->680.

Comment

I'm not sure what time, I'm sure others will be chiming in soon. I will be taking 680 to 580 and most likely towing.
        69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Yes, I'm in too. Lets start the first group up at the Safeway parking lot on 237/Calaveras and 680. We can pick up the folks from the Southbay (S.J., Morgan Hill etc) and the folks coming from the MV, Sunnyvale side can shoot up 237. It's close to 680 then head to Livermore then on. If you have another suggestion, please let me know. Thinking we should pull out of there around 6:15 to meet up in Livermore by 6:45. Damn that seems early...
          1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

It does sound early. I'm going to pack my fridge, and maybe some kind of convenient breakfast for when we get there. Was thinking about doing a partial day, but then I remembered that raffle at the end of the day. So I'm in for the day! Might swing north after. We'll see.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

I'll see about timing my leaving tracy to the time you guys are passing around 7:30. Not sure if I'm towing or driving yet
              Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Edit: plan change! I'm gonna take the long way and meet you guys in livermore before 7 and caravan in with you.

And I've registered for the show. See you guys Saturday! Looking forward to meeting you guys face to face!
                Last edited by Bronco_bucko; 03-26-2016, 09:59 AM.
                89 FSB XLT 5.8 C6 "Bill"

Comment

I'll be there, my guess is that my wife and kids will be cranky. Glad there is a Starbucks close by!
                  77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

Looks like we've got around 7 in our convoy so far, that's a good group. Hoping a few more will join us too.
                    The weather has been fantastic this week, let's hope it holds out!
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Just so I'm not guessing the morning of, you're talking about the big parking lot with Carl's Jr, right?
                      89 FSB XLT 5.8 C6 "Bill"

Comment

Theres a big closed grocery store, mountain mikes pizza, Starbucks, unsure about a Carl's Jr, I rarely go over there. Here's a pin...

https://goo.gl/maps/JUsXHdNmtuP2
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Don't even have to check the pin. I'm over there all the time. We're talking about the same lot. I just couldn't remember what the grocery store used to be. There's a new CVS over there they just built. And there is a Carl s Jr right there. Cool. I'll be there.

Getting excited. This is the first time I'll actually be out with other Broncos for anything since I've bought mine, and the first event I'm going to as well with it.
                          89 FSB XLT 5.8 C6 "Bill"

Comment

A picture from the Livermore meet-up last year. There where a few more than this by time we pulled out. Probably won't make it to Livermore to meet up, but I hoping to fall in line there at the Cherokee Lane exit off of 99.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 5.28.14 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	273912

Comment

I'm going to try and make it this year. I haven't been to a bronco event for several years and am going through withdrawals. I doubt I will join the caravan because I plan on leaving Aptos at 6:00. If I leave earlier I will meet up with you guys.
                              Kyle
                              Aptos
                              1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Working...
                              X