Deflated tires while trailering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deflated tires while trailering

I'm thinking of deflating my Bronco tires while trailering it to cut down on time to get on the trail. I'm sure some of you guys with trail only rigs do this. Is there anything different I should do or consider while doing this? Am I being overly concerned?
    Thanks
    Kyle
    Aptos
    1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Re: Deflated tires while trailering

No concerns. I deflate before I load it up when I remember.
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-01-2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I don't inglate after i wheel, so my tires are always low
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
        i don't inglate after i wheel, so my tires are always low
        x2. But I always feel rushed to get it off the trailer, loaded and onto the trail. For that reason I could see airing down ahead of time.
        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Cool, thanks.
          Kyle
          Aptos
          1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Might be worth thinking about how hauling a vehicle with deflated tires is it will make your tires softer and so you should be careful with how you tie it down. Chain binders can come loose when they have slack, even if it is just for a minute when you go over a bump. Not a big deal as long as you wrap the extra chain around the handle or use some wire or something.
            Build thread

Comment

Originally posted by pippinmader View Post
              Might be worth thinking about how hauling a vehicle with deflated tires is it will make your tires softer and so you should be careful with how you tie it down. Chain binders can come loose when they have slack, even if it is just for a minute when you go over a bump. Not a big deal as long as you wrap the extra chain around the handle or use some wire or something.
              Good thinking!!!
              Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

I tape my handles and extra chain. I also use a three foot bar on my binders. They are tight as a MFer.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

hmmm, I'm using tie down straps, like this:
                  http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-27-ft...4622/100173647
                  Kyle
                  Aptos

Comment

I use Macs ratchet straps and usually recheck them after a few miles. They have loosened up before from my Bronco readjusting.
                    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

No problem towing with deflated tires. Just make sure your tie down points are tight and secure.
                      I do not like binders. I prefer chain rachets binders over the levers.
                      {o===o}
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

No issues, the advantage of trailering is being trail ready when you get there.
                        Mark Harris
                        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
                        X