No announcement yet.

Is it possible to build a "new" Bronco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to build a "new" Bronco?

I've been thinking about a crazy idea lately. Do you think if I had a stock frame and title to start with, would it be possible to build a stock Bronco entirely out of after market parts?

Re: Is it possible to build a "new" Bronco?

Depends on what your definition of "a stock Bronco" is but yes, totally possible. Not cheap, but very possible.
    http://www.my4x4parts.com/body-new-b...et-metal-used/

I would love to build another Bronco but that means I'd be selling mine to make room for it since I am still working out of my small, suburban house. There is so much that I'd do differently the second time around, and I'd like to think that I could apply a bunch of lessons learned to spend less on a second build - but any savings would likely just translate into other more expensive parts I'm quite sure.

I'd think even if you started with a new frame (I think someone is making them again), you could do what all the cobra kit guys do and register it by the year it appears to be. My buddy has a Factory 5 kit car that he registered as a 1965 model, somewhere around 2008. It's a process but there's a way to do it through the DMV, a limited number per year.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

You can get all the metal through bronco graveyard for that same tub for 4500. You put it together.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
        I've been thinking about a crazy idea lately. Do you think if I had a stock frame and title to start with, would it be possible to build a stock Bronco entirely out of after market parts?
        lets find out!
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
          You can get all the metal through bronco graveyard for that same tub for 4500. You put it together.
          This is the method that I am thinking about. Building it piece by piece.

Comment

What does ICON do? Do they buy Broncos in good shape to get the body or do they build brand new ones?

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
              Depends on what your definition of "a stock Bronco" is but yes, totally possible. Not cheap, but very possible.
              http://www.my4x4parts.com/body-new-b...et-metal-used/
              It would certainly be much easier to start with something like this and would be something I would consider if they weren't so ridiculously priced. So I think my path would have to the piece by piece method.

Comment

You can always drive to Lodi and get the parts. That way you can get started this weekend. You can also see an assembled tub in our show room.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product...eel_Body_Parts $4189.83 for the tub kit.

The bolt on parts kit consisting of fenders, doors, door frames, grille, tailgate, hood, and windshield frame (weld on) will run you another $2692.28

Add a top and you have yourself a new Bronco body.

Jim
                Attached Files
                www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Hey Jim, I was hoping that you would chime in here. How is the fit and finish of all of these panels? Do they go together pretty well without the use of the ol' BFH? LOL. Has anyone bought this kit and assembled it yet? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X