What would you do with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do with it?

No, it's not mine. I just found the picture on the net and thought it was cool. So a friend of friend calls you up and says that he knows where there is some old truck that a little ol' lady wants out of her barn. You walk in and see this..........what would you do with it?
    Attached Files

Re: What would you do with it?

Chop it up and put an LS in it.
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Put it back on the road where it belongs!
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
        Chop it up and put an LS in it.
        For some strange reason......I believe you.

Comment

Twenty something years ago my grandfather was sick in the hospital back on the east coast. My father was making a ton of trips back to see him and help his parents as much as he could. While hanging out in the hospital during my grandfather's last days he told my dad that their neighbor's old car (a 1937 Plymouth coupe) was still sitting in a barn across the street and that the widow would probably let it go.
          It's not the most common car around... totally stock which is even more rare. My dad went over and talked to her and bought the car having just seen it through windows. He pushed it across the street and into my grandma's garage where he found the engine to be seized. He dropped some marvel mystery oil down each of the spark plug holes and let it sit. A year later the engine had freed up and would actually run. He and I went back there with a trailer and pulled it home.

He has since completely restored the car and has been driving it at least weekly for 18 or so years now.

So to answer your question... I'd probably follow the same model. Pull it out of there, clean it up, try to get it running, and then just drive it a while. Depending on the condition I'd probably eventually restore it. I don't think I'll ever turn another bronco into a crawler... there are tons of other cheap platforms out there for that.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Buy it! Lubr resto it
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
            X