7.3 psd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.3 psd

Which Trans cooler are you 7.3 guys using? Aftermarket or the 6.0 cooler? Did you install yourself?

Thx.

Sean
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Re: 7.3 psd

A number of years ago I installed the V10 cooler, which is configured the same as a 7.3 cooler, but larger. (??? Why) The 6.0 is much larger and supposed to fit well.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Aftermarket. I run a Tru-cool 40k GVW rating and have been very happy with it. My 7.3 is my tow rig and gets little use outside of dragging my Bronco around.

Comment

6.0. Works very well. I rarely get over 180 to 195

Comment

Straight fwd install? Any hangups I can learn from?
          '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer 71 View Post
            Aftermarket. I run a Tru-cool 40k GVW rating and have been very happy with it. My 7.3 is my tow rig and gets little use outside of dragging my Bronco around.

Man those 6.0 coolers must be made of gold for the price they are going for.........

How did you install your Trucool? Did you replace the stock one, install in series with the stock one? Ports up or down?

Sean

Comment

Just get the Dorman 33 row cooler #918-216, you will need adapters 1/2-3/8".
              Run from trans to Rad then cooler then back.
              Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

yeah, I think I got mine from rockauto. might be a dorman. It was only a bit more expansive than a GOOD aftermarket cooler. A lot of the aftermakret ones dont have a good BTU rating, despite the GVW they claim. Plus, the 6.0 one mounts right up to stock location. It was worth the coin in my opinion.

there are two different sizes available for the 6.0

This is the largest one available.
                https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...=4980420&jsn=1
                Last edited by plug ugly; 06-17-2017, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Great Thanks guys! Does that cooler from rock auto/dorman come with hoses? How many feet of 1/2" was needed?

Comment

Sooo....looking at my rig, the tranny lines run to the bottom of the rad. does this exclude me from running the 6.0 cooler? If not, then do I just leave those lines in place and try to cap them??

Comment

do you not have a smaller secondary cooler in front of the ac condenser? The lines should run from the radiator to that and then back to the tranny return side (rear)

Comment

Yup, what you said......I was doing a couple things at the same time and didn't look close enough............Cooler was just ordered and thanks for the reminder about Rock Auto!

Comment

Working...
                        X