Anodizing my rc cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anodizing my rc cars

Messing around with anodizing aluminum. Here's a couple rc10's from the 80's I did.
    Attached Files

Re: Anodizing my rc cars

So what's involved in an anodizing process?
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Had a job once anodizing aluminum motorcycle sprockets we fabricated out of 4x8 sheets. We got a contract from the army to anodize ammo cans for tanks because our equipment was big enough to hold them.
      Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Pretty cool! If you don't mind sharing, if this is a kit that you bought I'd be interested to know where you got it from.
        And very cool that you still have a couple of RC10s around. My RC stuff is long gone but as a kid I was always tinkering with RC stuff. Did so much to my RC cars with changes in suspension, motors, etc. I wonder where I got my urge to build a Bronco from? lol
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I bought my first rc10 from a hobby store in north sac in 1985, had to wait forever since associated couldn't keep with demand at that time. Anodizing is a plating process using a tank filled with acid and water with an electrical charge added, ground hooked to an anode of aluminum or titanium, and positive to your work piece. After the coating is formed, you wash and put in dye tank, then wash and boil or acetate seal. I put together my of kit, gonna start doing bicycle stuff also, or whatever. I deal with anodizeworld and caswell for supplies and information.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by helbnd1; 06-23-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

While I'm sharing rc stuff, here's my sand scorcher. Scorpion trailing arms, king shocks, made into split from large window, recessed front spare tire, added a passenger, he's holding a map since they're rallying, and custom aluminum roll cage. Time on my hands.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great looking cars! I have quite a collection myself, ranging from NO S Marui Big Bears, original RC10's, Kyosho's, Losi's, FG, a bunch of Axial stuff, Berg crawlers, etc.
              Every once in a while I may go a few months without touching them, but like old faithful, they are always there when I need them...

Comment

Loving the Baja Dave!
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Nice Dave....I still have my original rc10 ce and my brothers... well in pieces unfortunately along with many other vintage to somewhat current vehicals.
                  That rc10 was fun when I put in a castle mamba 7700 brushless system.
                  70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Working...
                  X