OT: F250 Axle Seal Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: F250 Axle Seal Driver

Throwing this out there....Does anyone happen to have an Axle Shaft Seal Install tool for a 2002 F250? If so, may I borrow it for a few frosties of your choice? The PN is OTC-6695. I'm gearing up to freshen up the front end of my tow rig, not only do these seem hard to find for some reason, but $$$ for setting 2 seals..

Thanks In Adv!

Sean
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Re: OT: F250 Axle Seal Driver

Is there a reason you have to use that driver? I have a cheap seal driver set from orillys that I used for the seals on my Dana 44.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Lot's of way's to install seals just need to get creative or I can transport if Mr. Conn has one since he has the same truck.
      69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

What is the diameter of the seal Sean? For the vacuum seal for auto hubs? Doug
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
          Is there a reason you have to use that driver? I have a cheap seal driver set from orillys that I used for the seals on my Dana 44.

The seal is pressed on the stub shaft, so the std cheap driver set isn't going to work. I could make one out of black pipe, but my luck isn't always the best....
          '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
            What is the diameter of the seal Sean? For the vacuum seal for auto hubs? Doug
            Yup, it's for the vacuum seal that presses onto the stub shaft. I think it's 3 13/16?

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-6695-Shaf.../dp/B0015PKC5W

Comment

Well my seal driver kits don'y go that big... But I had some stuff made up for my Landcruiser days, let me measure them. Doug

I had hoped my Brother could beat the prices listed for the OTC driver, but it is still in the $85 range with shipping and a 7-10 day wait
              Last edited by 904Bronco; 09-22-2017, 08:20 AM.
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

just run the shaft down to the local shop and have them press it on for you.

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
                  just run the shaft down to the local shop and have them press it on for you.
                  That's my plan "C"

Comment

Working...
                  X