VIN locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN locations

Are there any other locations for the VIN numbers on the frame other than top of frame on front right side? Has anyone ever punched their own numbers on the frame? I'm trying to register an out of state bronco and they want to see two locations. Problem is, frame doesn't match the tag on the glove box.
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Re: VIN locations

I hate to say this but they need to match...

There sometimes can be two sets of frame numbers punched on the passenger rail...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I helped a friend clean up an EB(with the body off)he's looking to sell and the VIN was punched in on a few spots on the frame. I don't remember if it was both sides but I know that passenger front by where the wheel well is was one spot.

Comment

Good morning,

I recently replaced the passenger floor section of my 74. I can confirm that towards the rear of the floor section on the frame rail is another VIN Stamping.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Nemi
        Attached Files
        1974 Ranger, C4 302: Work in Progress James Duff 5.5" Long Arm Suspension, 2" Body Lift, Power Disc Brake Conversion. Much more to come...

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll work something out.
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans

Comment

I would just stamp the frame where ever with the numbers. No one at the DMV knows the difference.
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
              I would just stamp the frame where ever with the numbers. No one at the DMV knows the difference.
              Noted.��

Comment

My '66 frame was sand blasted. The C6 parts number was visible in several places. The frame had zero vin number anywhere. The CHP officer signed off on it after I told him there was never one on the frame on that Bronco.
                Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

you just need a VIN verification?
                  What's your location? You get to the Sacramento area I can help you out. The form doesn't require multiple locations....it's just a suggestion.
                  Last edited by Rockit; 10-15-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockit View Post
                    you just need a VIN verification?
                    What's your location? You get to the Sacramento area I can help you out. The form doesn't require multiple locations....it's just a suggestion.
                    Can an SFPD sign off on this or does it need to be a CHP

Comment

I used a Sacto PD I found in an RT parking lot, one look at vin on kickwell, signed-done!
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                      X