Santa Cruz 4 Wheel drive Last One Standing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Cruz 4 Wheel drive Last One Standing

Hey everyone, the Santa Cruz 4 Wheel Drive club is having their annual fundraiser, the "Last One Standing." It is on December 9th at Hollister Hills SVRA. If you're in the area come check it out. There will be a raffle at the end. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Cal Four Wheel legal fund.
    http://www.sc4wdc.com/trip/agenda/la...2017-Flyer.pdf
    Kyle
    Aptos
    1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Re: Santa Cruz 4 Wheel drive Last One Standing

I think that may be one of my rare free weekends. Having never been to Hollister before, weather permitting I might just cruise down there in my rig.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

You should for sure! It's not the be-all and end-all of trail riding, but it's a very nice place to spend the day hanging with friends and wheeling around. With a few places to be wary of thrown in for good measure!
      Been a long time since I've hung out with Santa Cruz members. Would be fun but too much going on that day I'm pretty sure.

Have a great time.

Paul
      Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
      68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

We won't be doing any trail riding. I'll be there to help set up the event, which is at the obstacle course. The event is friendly competition based, with 4-5 courses, all timed based. The ones with the lowest combined times will win. There will be 2 classes of rigs, rigs up to 37" tires, and rigs over 37" tires. As of last week we only had 3 rigs registered in each event, but was told many were waiting to hear how the weather is going to be. To register and compete, it's $30, plus entry into the park. Registration starts at 9:00 and the competition starts at 10:00. If you want to come and just watch, you only pay park entry fee. Lunch will NOT be provided. The raffle will be at the end, around 2:00. I believe tickets are $2 each and all are put into one big bin and drawn from. Here are some pics of the prizes:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6343.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	275098Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6344.JPG
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	275099Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6345.JPG
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	275100
        http://www.sc4wdc.com/Last_One_Standing.html
        Kyle
        Aptos
        1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

So Kyle, How did the day go?

My son and I got distracted with a local High School basketball game. He knew some of the Players.
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

The day was great. We had 5 rigs in each class, and probably about 60 people there, club members, spectators and drivers. We raised about $2000 from the entrant fees and raffle. Here is a quick video of Joe Santos. I think he lives in Hollister and isn't on this site:
            https://youtu.be/G3XGObUbJeY
            Kyle
            Aptos

Comment

Dang, he's not afraid to use the skinny pedal is he?? Nice turn out. It looks like you had some nice raffle prizes too!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                Dang, he's not afraid to use the skinny pedal is he??
                I'll say !!!
                2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Yeah, he's always fun to watch! He ended up winning the sportsman class.
                  Kyle
                  Aptos

Comment

Working...
                  X