Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on bronco for sale

Hey all,

Been looking for a project or bronco with some work done for a while now. Saw this one pop up recently - thoughts? I haven't been able to get the owner on the phone yet, but any specific questions I should be touching on?

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ct...448792142.html

Thanks

Re: Thoughts on bronco for sale

Originally posted by trailripper View Post
    Hey all,

Been looking for a project or bronco with some work done for a while now. Saw this one pop up recently - thoughts? I haven't been able to get the owner on the phone yet, but any specific questions I should be touching on?

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ct...448792142.html

Thanks
    You need to look at the common rust spot areas.

How well does it really run if it has been sitting for 5 years...

Tires look new, but if it has been sitting for 5 years, then they are getting up there in age.

Orange is good, favorite Bronco color.

Make sure the doors open and close well, it does not look like they line up well with the body.

Looks like he just hosed it off... But why wouldn't you clean off the leaves on the hood or the spider webs in the back?

I think there is room to haggle about the price, Wheelers don't sell quickly, Uncuts/Lubrs are all the rage now.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
      You need to look at the common rust spot areas.

How well does it really run if it has been sitting for 5 years...

Tires look new, but if it has been sitting for 5 years, then they are getting up there in age.

Orange is good, favorite Bronco color.

Make sure the doors open and close well, it does not look like they line up well with the body.

Looks like he just hosed it off... But why wouldn't you clean off the leaves on the hood or the spider webs in the back?

I think there is room to haggle about the price, Wheelers don't sell quickly, Uncuts/Lubrs are all the rage now.
      Thanks for the reply. Those were some of the highlights on my list to oook into as well.

In terms of price, I’ve looked a bit lately, but not a lot of inventory. What would be a fair price, obviously depending on unseen issues?

Thanks

Comment

It's got a lot of good parts. If there are no rust issues I think the price is right. I'd still haggle though.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
          It's got a lot of good parts. If there are no rust issues I think the price is right. I'd still haggle though.
          I agree with Skip, anything you do not have to buy and install (ie: PS and Pwr Disc Brakes, Suspension lift, Lockers/gearing, new/rebuilt components, re-wired) adds to the value.

Anything it needs to have done, detracts from the price.

Such as learn to read the manufacturers date coding for tires. If those tires are 5-6-7 years old and they have not been heat cycled for a while they might cause all kinds of vibration or fail at freeway speeds.
          Rust - sure it only costs $200 or so for floor pans, but it is hours of your time to replace... And much more to have someone do it for you.
          Body work is the same - the panels are available, but paint and the various additional components add up. As does the time that you will pay someone to do the work.

How well do you haggle? Are you the 1st guy to show up and look at it or the Tenth? Do you have cash in hand or do you have to get a loan.

Sounds like there are some additional parts thrown in with the rig, will you use them or do they have a realistic re-sale value or are they just junk (boat anchor for you to dispose of)

Is he willing to work with you on the sales price reported to the DMV? Yes, this is cheating the State out of it's money, true. There would be a cost savings for you on initial registration/tax and given we seem to be moving towards a vehicle registration based on perceived value, an overall savings on registration costs over the years.

Based on pictures alone, I would start working at a $15K number, +/- whatever you find that it needs beyond what he has stated.

Broncos are like the housing market - limited supply and everyone wants top dollar. People watch these car shows and auctions and think that their wreak in the bushes has to be worth that much...
          Do your homework and be prepared - don't settle for the 1st one as it could be a disappointment and a money pit.

Good luck and report back... Whatever happens
          Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-07-2018, 06:56 AM.
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
          X