Reflash computer for Reg. renewal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflash computer for Reg. renewal?

My 05' superduty reg. renewal came today and states I need to bring it in to the dealer so they can reflash my computer before I can get my tags. What"s up with this? Anyone else come across this?
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

New to me but please keep us posted

Brian
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Try posting on www.thedieselstop.com and see if they know.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I hope for your sake it's stock. If it's lifted, chipped, intake, exhaust... they're going to detune you soooo bad your truck will barely run.

I have yet to hear of a ford reflash going properly when the truck is modded. No issues if it's stock.
        84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

It's all stock except for a lift and 35s. I don't see why they would detune it because of that, but I could always throw my stockers back on first.
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans

Comment

Part of many 6.0 reflashes is to detune the HP.
            They trim off the fueling and change the boost map to make less boost.
            Its done to help save the Turbo and head gasket.
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

So is this just for the 6.0 liter? Or do they try and do it to the 7.3's?
              '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX
                So is this just for the 6.0 liter? Or do they try and do it to the 7.3's?
                back before the 6.0 was around my buddy Justin took his truck in for a recall and they detuned his 7.3 to where he had to have it towed home and fix it himself. How/Why would ford let that happen? Once it's no longer warranty work they don't pull this shit or do they care.

he had piggy back chips, intake, straight 5" and 44" swampers on it w/ 4.5 gears. Ford seems so spiteful when you mod their vehicles. It's almost like a big "f-ck you" if you lift your truck. I can think of 8 cases w/ similar outcomes. I guess they're "covering their asses" w/ the warranty because they are upside down 9+ billion this year alone.
                84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

I talked to ford yesterday to set an appointment and he told me to wait a couple weeks for the "new" flash that will supercede this one. What the f**k !

Comment

Well, you could chip it back up...but the unfortunate thing about the 6.0 is the chips leave a ghost in the computer that tells the tech it has been chipped. The 7.3 doesn't. You will not be happy with the reflash. I have heard of people getting a spare CPU to chip, then reinstalling the stocker for warrantee. This was on the 7.3 so post on dieselstop to find out for sure if you are interested.
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

THE guys at Country Ford Trucks in Ceres,Ca. are real strraight shooters and will or should tell you why the reflash. They have worked on my Banks equiped 7.3 and several of my friends modded trucks with no problems!
                      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Talked to my diesel guru today. He said he's heard of this going on. Mostly on trucks that came from out of state.Most ok on a/t but manuals have a bad time with the reflash. Don't know what you have but this seems to just add to the list of problems for the 6.0. Good Luck!!!
                        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

THANK god I dont have to put up with Cali crap like that, and as for the 6.0 I am avoiding it at all costs, I will take the tried and true 7.3 over a 6.slow any day.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            Talked to my diesel guru today. He said he's heard of this going on. Mostly on trucks that came from out of state.Most ok on a/t but manuals have a bad time with the reflash. Don't know what you have but this seems to just add to the list of problems for the 6.0. Good Luck!!!
                            A real good friend of mine has a 6.0, bought it new at Folsom Lake Ford, and it's been flashed 3 times, each time it runs worse. His solution was some type of chip, I can't say which brand, but he's happy with the way it runs now, and it gets 4 mpg more than it used to.
                            Originally posted by PhantomEB
                            THANK god I dont have to put up with Cali crap like that, and as for the 6.0 I am avoiding it at all costs, I will take the tried and true 7.3 over a 6.slow any day.
                            I don't know about 6.slow, the fastest Diesel pick up I've ever been in is an 03' f-250 6.0 pushing about 500 hp, but I agree with you about the difference 7.3 to 6.0. I've got one of the last 7.3's and that 500 hp 03' is one of the first 6.0's. Lots of power, but lots of trouble also. My 7.3 has been a great engine, (knock on wood) and very dependable.

I'll let that 6.4 get all the bugs worked out for a few years before I let this 7.3 go.

Galen
                            Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                            I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X