Tire size debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size debate

I currently have a 3.5 in suspension lift and no body lift, running 33x12.5x15 right now. Rear end has 4.30 gears and tranny is a NP435. I am debating moving to a more modern 17in wheel and thought about 35s, 305s or 315s. My EB will see 95% street and hopefully someday I will take it on a trail run. I’ve read the 15s are better for off road and the bigger sidewall acts as suspension. Looking for anyone’s experiences and input. Will I need to add a 1in body lift for the street driving? I can see the obvious advantage of adding a 1in body lift for off road.
    Last edited by jperry1290; 12-09-2018, 08:49 AM.
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Re: Tire size debate

17s are the new 15.

Comment

15" wheels are sort of going the way of the dinosaur. My next set of wheels will be 17". For your purposes I think that decreasing sidewall is a good thing, a little less sidewall flex for on road handling is not a bad thing. And for off road you're not really losing anything like you might if you stepped up to 20" wheels. I have 20" wheels on my daily driver, with 33" tires and while I like the look on the pickup, it would be goofy and impractical on the bronco.
      Just get ready to spend. Tire prices get higher on bigger wheels!
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Myself....I will take 15" everytime. I don't like the look of 17" on Broncos.........
        73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

17's are the new 15's.

The 15" tire is slowly going away. I bought new tires in a 17"
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
          X