Wiring Harness Installer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Harness Installer?

Hi guys, I'm totally new to this forum, but I've heard good things, so here I am. I purchased a 71 bronco a couple of years ago that still needs all sorts of work. Right now I'm looking for someone to do a wiring harness install in the Sacramento area. Can anyone recommend a shop or individual for the work?

Thanks for your help,

-Stuart

Re: Wiring Harness Installer?

Originally posted by Purist View Post
    Hi guys, I'm totally new to this forum, but I've heard good things, so here I am. I purchased a 71 bronco a couple of years ago that still needs all sorts of work. Right now I'm looking for someone to do a wiring harness install in the Sacramento area. Can anyone recommend a shop or individual for the work?

Thanks for your help,

-Stuart
    Hello Stuart and Welcome to the site. I can't recommend anyone in the Sac area to do the work, since I live south of San Jose. I am sure one of the local guys will chime in...

You should probably figure out which wiring harness you want to use, costs vary, and the difficulty of the job would add to the hours to do the work. A Centech harness is almost a direct replacement, it is an improvement over a stock harness, but it does not allow a lot of flexibility for additional items. (i.e. additional lighting) (I have done 3 of them) Then there is the American auto wire (going to do my first one soon), and Painless (Too pricey for me). I suppose you could use a universal kit too.

It seems that 20 hrs to do the job is common number that has been tossed out on Classic Broncos, but someone who has done a few of them might cut down that time. Then there is the unforeseen things, like the tail light buckets/sockets are bad and need replace/ordered.

If you are doing anything custom, you should plan that out as well. (i.e. additional lighting, relocating stereo to a center console, adding power points, etc.) It is sucks to go back and re engineer something once your done.

Good luck with the project, we all like pictures too.

Doug
    Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-15-2019, 07:45 PM.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I don’t know anyone in the Sacramento area. What part of Sac are you in? I’ve got a guy in Grass Valley who is excellent. It might not be that far depending on which part of Sac you are in. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
        Hello Stuart and Welcome to the site. I can't recommend anyone in the Sac area to do the work, since I live south of San Jose. I am sure one of the local guys will chime in...

You should probably figure out which wiring harness you want to use, costs vary, and the difficulty of the job would add to the hours to do the work. A Centech harness is almost a direct replacement, it is an improvement over a stock harness, but it does not allow a lot of flexibility for additional items. (i.e. additional lighting) (I have done 3 of them) Then there is the American auto wire (going to do my first one soon), and Painless (Too pricey for me). I suppose you could use a universal kit too.

It seems that 20 hrs to do the job is common number that has been tossed out on Classic Broncos, but someone who has done a few of them might cut down that time. Then there is the unforeseen things, like the tail light buckets/sockets are bad and need replace/ordered.

If you are doing anything custom, you should plan that out as well. (i.e. additional lighting, relocating stereo to a center console, adding power points, etc.) It is sucks to go back and re engineer something once your done.

Good luck with the project, we all like pictures too.

Doug
        Doug,

Thank you very much for the reply. I hadn't put too much thought into which harness would be the right one. I just assumed I would pick up a Painless and call it a day. This vehicle is intended to be a daily driver, so I'd like to make sure someone does the job right vs. a tinker project, therefore I'm not that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
          I don’t know anyone in the Sacramento area. What part of Sac are you in? I’ve got a guy in Grass Valley who is excellent. It might not be that far depending on which part of Sac you are in. Let me know.
          I'm actually in El Dorado Hills. I'm not opposed to going to Grass Valley for quality work.
          Last edited by Purist; 01-16-2019, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Doug, who is Cage Dave?

Comment

Doug, who is Cage Dave?
              Cage Dave is Dave Virga, of Dave Virga Customs https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...3553646930207/

He does great body work, specializes in Broncos, located in Fair Oaks, he also does roll bars/roll cages.

Being that I have used him, and like the quality of his work, I can easily recommend him.

Comment

Very cool, I'm actually eagerly awaiting a call from him to let me know he has free space in his garage to work on my 71, I just didn't know him as Cage Dave.

Comment

Very cool, I'm actually eagerly awaiting a call from him to let me know he has free space in his garage to work on my 71, I just didn't know him as Cage Dave.
                  I am on his list too, for my 67. But I am a ways out. He held my hand over the phone as I replaced floor pans. You will not be disappointed.

D.

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                    I am on his list too, for my 67. But I am a ways out. He held my hand over the phone as I replaced floor pans. You will not be disappointed.

D.
                    That's my understanding. I'm very happy to have someone with some quality know-how working on my toy, especially after the ride I've been taken on with the guy I bought it from.

Comment

I am also on Cage Dave’s list for work on my 78 F150 so get in line behind me.

Comment

I'm about 2 months out from dropping mine off.

Comment

Did you have info to share about your guy in Grass Valley?

Comment

Grrrr... I just had to delay my drop off to Dave until mid March or when he's available soon after that. I was supposed to be 2nd on his current list....

Comment

Skip, where are our Pictures of said F150?

Comment

Working...
                              X