OT Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Wiring question

Been awhile since I've done some wiring, so here it goes.

I'm installing an air horn on my 2002 f250 and would like to control it through the steering wheel via a separate power switch. I'm pretty sure the stock horn activates when grounded (push button, completes ground circuit and goes honk). IF I use a SPST switch wouldn't I just have to splice the solenoid wire to the stock wire at the switch for the "on" position and then the stock wire would be connected to the "off" pole?

Dunno why my brain isn't working thru this, so I'm putting my head-scratching out there to the masses....

Sean
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Re: OT Wiring question

Sean

Our Trucks should have a horn relay... Wouldn't want to power the air horn from that point?

If so, you would have the switch control which horn would get power, either to the factory horns or the addition. Provided the air horns do not require more amps than the stock circuit can handle.....
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
    X