Rain? Mud? Retired? Food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain? Mud? Retired? Food?

40 hours of rain just came to an end... for now. Trucks and trailers are trapped in the muddy field. The SonOfaGun project bronco my son has needs moved from Chico to the new digs on Dog Bar Road in Grass Valley. Will have to use the tractor and make a mess dragging the car hauler out of the muddy field. Oh well... other than that I am in a probationary period of retirement. Is there an Old Man's supper club opportunity within NCB? I could fit right in having somehow become 71 years of age. There is a nice restaurant and bar in Penn Valley called the North Ridge Cafe. Anyone in the Grass Valley area want to do a meet and eat?
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Re: Rain? Mud? Retired? Food?

Henry, did I see that yesterday you became another year wiser? I hope your day was good, besides all the weather related issues...

As an official Retired guy, yes we have a breakfast club down here. Once or twice a month, depending on how busy we are. Along with an annual Houseboat trip... Which is now on it's 27th year. We were all employed and young when it started, but now there are only 3 that are still working, with one pulling the plug at the end of this year.

So yes there are retiree supper clubs, but you have to search them out or start your own.

I never believed the statement that I would be busier in Retirement than when I worked... But it is true!
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Henry,

We have an informal group called the Sierra Early Broncos. Most of us are in the Grass Valley area but there are some from Reno, Roseville and the Sacramento area. We do meet and greets, cruises, etc. If you are interested pm me your email address and I’ll add you to the group email list.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Henry66 View Post
        40 hours of rain just came to an end... for now. Trucks and trailers are trapped in the muddy field. The SonOfaGun project bronco my son has needs moved from Chico to the new digs on Dog Bar Road in Grass Valley. Will have to use the tractor and make a mess dragging the car hauler out of the muddy field. Oh well... other than that I am in a probationary period of retirement. Is there an Old Man's supper club opportunity within NCB? I could fit right in having somehow become 71 years of age. There is a nice restaurant and bar in Penn Valley called the North Ridge Cafe. Anyone in the Grass Valley area want to do a meet and eat?
        Northridge is good eats! I am in the process of moving all th Bronco chit, and garage to our place in Nevada City!
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
        X