X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need bronco mechanic recommendations

I'm looking to do the following projects:

upgrade front drums to disc brakes
    do a power steering conversion (a little trickier for my bronco since its a straight six and needs a double groove pulley for my six)
    upgrade from 31's to 33's
    fix my bump steer (I have a 3.5inch cage offroad lift)

they kind of all go together since I don't want to go to the bigger tires until i get power steering and figured I should improve my stopping power at the same time.

Any recommendations on bay area mechanics that you guys would recommend. I live in san mateo. willing to go as far as stockton/modesto for the right mechanic.

thx
    Steve
    74 Bronco - 6cyl, 3spd manual, 4.56's, 3.5" Cage Lift, 33's, sillyfab extended radius arms & tie rod over knuckle conversion, power brake booster, front discs, ps, procar elite front seats, WH Family Cage, 3 gas tanks, custom front and rear bumpers, softop

Phil (Sillyneck) or Carl (Delta)!!

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB
      Phil (Sillyneck) or Carl (Delta)!!
      No, I am cool with side work for a while. I desperately need to get my rig going

Cary T might be interested...and Silly may as well.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Phil at Sillyfab in sac. 916-388-9588
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Sorry man! Like I said in another post, I sure wish I had Phil's skills and shop to do jobs when I felt like it.

Comment

thx for the suggestions. I'll call phil at sillyfab on Monday.
            74 Bronco - 6cyl, 3spd manual, 4.56's, 3.5" Cage Lift, 33's, sillyfab extended radius arms & tie rod over knuckle conversion, power brake booster, front discs, ps, procar elite front seats, WH Family Cage, 3 gas tanks, custom front and rear bumpers, softop

Comment

I don't bolt p/s kits on so the fact that it's a straight 6 is no worries.. I make my own double pulleys anyways not to step on anyone else's toes but I'd love to do it.

depending on what you have/want I can set you up w/ a number of different combos. my favorite so far (bang for your buck) is a 2wd ford box and a saginaw (chevy) pump. 1 finger steering!
              84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

Working...
              X