Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 F250 bearing help needed

Hey everybody,
    My Dad has a 97 F250 and needs to have the bearings packed. He said Ford was trying to rip him off and wants me to help him do it. Any advice, instructions you may have would be greatly appreciated. Antbody ever do this? The truck has 90,000 + miles on it and the bearings have never been packed and he figures it should be done before he pushes his luck any further. Any special tools needed?
    Heeeellllp!
    Anybody want to earn some cash to do this? Let me know how much if so.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Vacaville, Ca
    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

2X4 or 4X4. Are they servicable? My 99 was only replacable.
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

4X4. I'm not sure if they are servicable or not. That may explain the cost though.
      Anyone know?
      Jeff
      Vacaville, Ca
      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

just looked at the parts on ebay. its a replaceble hub unit only,not servicable. mine didnt go out until 140k miles and that was only one side. tell him not to worry unless one starts to make noise.each hub costs 200-300 bucks if thats what he was told.
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

Comment

Thanks Pops! After reading the earlier post I called my Dad and asked why he was taking it in. He just figured it was time. Now that I brought this up(replace instead of repack) he's looking into it a bit more. How do they stay lubed is my question now.
          Thanks again,
          Jeff
          Vacaville, Ca

Comment

Are we sure the 97, pre-super duties have the flange bearing? This is the TTB front axle. I am pretty sure it has the spindle and bearings. In 1998 the dana 50 was added to the 250-350's with 4 bolt flange bearings...

The best way to save money it to do what I did in my shop.

1. Sh!t can the stock hubs for some Warns, even if automatic hubs are there now (yuck).
            2. Replace the ratcheting hub nut locking unit (if applicable) for the exact type in our Dana 44's.
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

could be true. I guess it could depend on production date.

Comment

I don't know the cross over year either.
                I think Carl is right and should be a normal bearing on a TTB front end (Either 44 or 50 depening on GVW)
                Does it have normal hubs? Like are there 3-5 screws that hold the hub on?
                If so, its normal, you just remove, repack, drive a new seal in and go on.
                Like Carl said too, the stock hubs are junk, a set of 100$ warns is better.
                I am also unsure if that year got the ratching hub nut. If it did dump it they tend to loosen up.
                Mark Harris
                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Oh, please tell us its not a 7 lug wheel.
                  If so, its a unit bearing and a bastid' of a truck.
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I'll have to check on a few things I guess. I think they are auto hubs. It is a 3/4 ton axle and I think an 8 lug.
                    Vacaville, Ca

Comment

web search says 97-99 F250 4x4 has hub flange assy. $150.00

Comment

whats that?
                        Vacaville, Ca

Comment

That is the wheel brng. It's a perma-lubed flange mounted bearing with the wheel hub attached. look up 97 F250 4x4 wheel bearing on google or e-bay.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.
                            Jeff
                            Vacaville, Ca

Comment

Working...
                            X