Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

A question to all fellow EB owners. TIRES... What kind? A/T or M/T ? I have decided on 35x12.5x15 but need some feed back on what brand. Was going to go with Pro-Comps M/T just for a price sake but dont want to do that if they dont work. Face it, most of our EB's see about 60% asphalt use but would still like to hit hills when we can. Any feedback would be helpful

THANKS, POPS
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Les-Swab Toyo Mt work good plus you get a warranty I know I like mine so far and I think Highlander has some maybe he willl chime in

Brian

http://www.lesschwab.com/tires/light...country_mt.asp
    Last edited by Bronco Brian; 04-23-2007, 03:41 PM. Reason: Added link
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

BFG mt's. Good on road, good off road. I dont think pro-comps are much cheaper then BFG's. Sometimes you can get a free tire with Pro's but it still works out to the same price as the BFG's.
      302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

Originally posted by buknbronco
        BFG mt's. Good on road, good off road. I dont think pro-comps are much cheaper then BFG's. Sometimes you can get a free tire with Pro's but it still works out to the same price as the BFG's.

I think BFGs are still cheaper but they come from a France company
        ( they wont support are troops)
        Brian
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian
          I think BFGs are still cheaper but they come from a France company
          ( they wont support are troops)
          Brian

This I did not know.

Comment

Just an after thought, arn't Toyos made in Japan?

Comment

Just playing devil's advocate here but are you sure you want 35's with that gearing??? Or did I miss where you will be changing gears?

Jeff
              Vacaville, Ca
              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

I have had BFG MT, BFG AT, Bridgstone Dueler MT, Pro Comp MT, Goodyear MTR, Dunlap Mud Rover, Cooper SST, and Toyo MT's. As far as tread life and on road handling I think the BFG MT are as good as any, the one down side to them in my opinion is the lack of siping. The BFG AT are absolutly the best on road snow tire I have owned, while they aren't the best in mud they work well in rocks and dry trails, tread life is average. The pro comps have good tread life but I had a lot of balancing problems and the sidewalls are quite thin. The Dunlap's are garbage all around. The Bridgstones lasted the longest, but are pretty hard rubber and have no side lugs. I am about halfway through a set of Cooper's on my work truck and so far I am happy with them, they won't have the longest tread life but I think they are about equal to the goodyears, road manners are just ok but work better than average offroad. the Toyo MT's I haven't had very long but I like there road manners and noise level, they seem to work as well as any of the previuosly mentioned MT tires, I chose them this time because I wanted a 36-37 that was 13.50-14.50 wide and still have good road manners and lower noise (I thought long and hard about some Irok's). It didn't hurt that I found them for under $200 a tire at the time.
                Last edited by highlander; 04-23-2007, 06:47 PM.
                69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Good heads-up!! Gearing will be changed at later date. brings up another ? 4.11 or 4.56 for best allaround?
                  72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

Comment

Gearing

If it will not see a lot of high-way Miles I say 4.56 or 4.88 I have 37x14.50x15 toyos ( Jap as said )with 5.13 gears 2800 RPM at 55. That way I drive slower or it is a white knuckle ride after that. Till I work out some steering bugs. But will do that If I go hi pinon or Hi9" front
                    Brian
                    Last edited by Bronco Brian; 04-23-2007, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Another good tire is a Goodyear MTR

http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyea...ter=&sidewall=

Brian

Comment

but why are goodyears sooo $$$$$$$$$$$ what makes them worth so much?

Comment

Good heads-up!! Gearing will be changed at later date. brings up another ? 4.11 or 4.56 for best allaround?

I'm an odd ball, but I still run 3.50's with my 36" Iroks. In town I just start out in first on my NP435, and my Windsor has a bunch of torque at idle for the trail in low range. Oh yeah, 65 mph at 2200 RPM.
                          Last edited by earlybronco72; 04-23-2007, 05:50 PM.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I'm an odd ball.....
                            Now, how ya gonna float us a big ol' soft ball like that and expect no one to swing?
                            Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                            I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

I'm not even goin through that door! back to tires please...

Comment

Working...
                              X