some one vandalized my bronco today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some one vandalized my bronco today

So today I am driving, and low and behold I here a funny ''clunking noise" coming from the beast. Having dealt with clunking noises before, I immediately pulled over and began inspecting hi and low and for whatever could have been the problem. I checked the front springs (because I was getting an uncanny amount of play from something - be it my steering or somethin') the pit man arm and the the drop trac bar mount because when that comes loose we all know it sucks to drive. Nothing. I even checked the drive shaft joints becaus they are old. So I get back in and start goin again, when this clunking and steering play got really really bad. So I pulled over and noticed (I dont know how I missed this before) that all the lugnuts except for the locking lugnut were missing of my rear left tire!! Thats right, only the locking nut was holding it on, and the locking one was about half way off! So, if i had kept driving, there is no doubt, that the wheel would have rolled off and hurt some one. So after I found that those lug nuts were missing, I discovered that all of the other lugnuts, except the locking ones, were loose too! So I am thinking that today, someone came along and unsuccessfully attempted to steal my rims! They came along and loosened all of the nuts except the ones that need a key to be taken off. To get home I borrowed a couple nuts of the other wheels - so there at least 4 per wheel and limped home. So what I really wanted to get at was, if you feel your car "sliding around corners" I mean you feel your car wobbling and you cant figure out what it is, check your lug nuts!! I am just really happy that no one got hurt and wanted to know if you guys had any experiences like that too. Sorry theres no pics. Didnt have a camera to take any pics of the wheel with no lug nuts.
    Stew

I had that happen once to me, SCARY STUFF!!! Glad you figured it out before the wheel came off.

I HATE theives, scum of the earth, who would steal anything that someone else worked hard to have.
    Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

that really SUCKS! hope your wheel didnt get damaged to bad. time for a stakeout
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Glad all is well. Sorry that happened.

Comment

That sucks. I agree with Pops. Lets get them.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I've had two vehicles broken into in the past, and I agree, thieves are the scum of the earth. Not that I'd want it to happen again, but I'd love to catch somebody in the act of breaking into one of my vehicles. (hopefully when I'm with a few of my "big" friends, and as long as the bastard(s) are not armed). I'm glad nothing happened and you didn't end up wrecking/getting hurt...

X3 on the stakeout...
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Good thing you had locking nuts and was paying attention to your rig. Thieve's are some of the lowest on the food chain. They will get there's, No bad dead goes un punished
              1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

some pics of myvandalization when I was much younger.
                I thought the paint was the extent of it. Nope. They cut through my steering column about 2/3 of the way through. It broke as I was going through a turn and I played chicken with a semi.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by seahawkfan; 04-26-2007, 09:23 AM.
                Vacaville, Ca
                67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Dude, Thats not vandalizm it's attempted murder!!

Originally posted by seahawkfan
                  some pics of myvandalization when I was much younger.
                  I thought the paint was the extent of it. Nope. They cut through my steering column about 2/3 of the way through. It broke as I was going through a turn and I played chicken with a semi.
                  Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

There is one thing that i hate in life ..STUPID PEOPLE.. just cant stand them

there is an unspoken rule with 4x4's. NO STEALING we have more valuable stuff exposed then any other vehicle out there. doesnt matter if its a HEEP yota scout ford chebby or dodge. no STEALING!!!

it pisses me off that people have the balls to do that to someone.
                    someone tried stealing my speakers off my cage when i was at work one day. caught him red handed, then the little *&^%$#@! ran off when he saw me running at him. so i put JBweld in the bolts so no one can take them off... man it was such a 8!TCH to take them off when i was painting my cage.

Just remember KARMA IS A 8!tch and it will coome back to them.
                    {o===o}
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                    Originally posted by CityHick
                    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I,ve had my dodge ram 4x4 stolen from my driveway a couple years ago. Got it back 25 days later & insurance repaired it, but it just wasn't the same and we sold it. Someone also went under my hood of my bronco and cut my oil pressure line, didn't realize untill I looked at my oil gauge before getting on the freeway, pumped out almost all of my oil. Close call. I keep the bronco in the garage so it isn't stolen or messed with (and I live in a nice neiborhood ). If I ever catch someone trying to take, or mess with my shit, he better be able to outrun me cause it's on. The bastards should rot in hell.
                      Tony
                      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Man, They're some evil bastards out there! I say kill'em all!!
                        Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

Best alarm system dont have a pic of his buddy but she makes a TON of racket
                          Attached Files
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Well I post up about my issues, pack my stuff for a long two day work week. Get out to my truck to find out that some A Hole siphoned my gas tank.
                            F#cking @ssholes
                            Tony
                            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Thieves are nothing but a bunch of F@#king Jerks, Glad you are OK
                              69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Working...
                              X