Thanks guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys

ya know... I was working my @$$ off yesterday and I looked up for a minute and realized...... wtf 3 broncos, all from here sitting in the shop. I really appreciate you guys keeping me busy. So far this year aaron, gunny, rich, marty, steve, and delta have either had something done or are in the process. I had a few guys last year who I can't recall their names, and aaron and marty are repeats.

I just had someone make me an offer on my pile of buggy parts that I might not be able to refuse... so my bronco build could be about to happen in a hurry.

Big thanks goes out to all of you!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Sillyneck; 05-01-2007, 08:38 AM.
    84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Thank you for doing good work at good prices!!I'll see you soon!!
    Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Off topic..... I hate ford hubs and here's why.

I'm just working along on steve's bronco doing the disk brake conversion.

On the passenger side I spent a couple hours grinding and clearancing stuff that probably should have fit perfectly for the price he paid for the conversion. I put the stock ford hub together w/ very little persuasion.... and all is well.

I'm working on the driver's side today. All the stuff I had to clearance on the other side was absolutely a non-issue on the driver's side. everything fit mint UNTILLLLLL I went to put the hub in. Usually the ford hubs want a little tap to get everything lined up then they slide in perfect (they have to.) No such luck... I get a few taps into it and the hub is just binding harder. I cleaned the grooves on the new wheel hub and the internal hub pieces prior to this as well. Mind you it came out of the stock ford wheelhub perfectly.

So I pull the center section out and figure I can just get the outter piece out pretty easily. NON CHANCE.... 2.5 hrs later lol here we are w/ some pics. I had to cut it out and it still wouldn't come out at all. by the 4th cut it was able to snap a piece loose and have it hit me in the head on the way out. After that the other pieces followed suit. After I get it all out and cleaned up I go and grab another ford hub (yes I have piles of them... right next to the trash can) to see if it will fit. Not at all... walk over to the stock wheelhub... slides right in a bit tight though.... I grab a warn premium hub and it slides in the new wheelhub perfectly.

Moral of the story... ditch the ford hubs... they are the suck
      Last edited by Sillyneck; 05-09-2007, 03:43 PM.

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

Comment

Ditch them over to me, I'd like 2 extra Ford hubs for trail spares.

Comment

Thanks again Phil everything looks great as usual. Hit one of the grocery store loading docks today and couldn't come close to maxing out the travel. I know for sure with the old TTB junk I would have had at least one tire in the air halfway up the ramp.
          I know it has been said before but if you need something done and need it done right go see Phil he will take care of you.
          Last edited by Fullsize; 05-01-2007, 12:18 PM.

Comment

You work to far away.
            Come to my place, I am doing a new seat mount. I have tons of
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesenip73
              Ditch them over to me, I'd like 2 extra Ford hubs for trail spares.

hahaha I have about 12 hubs. $12packbeer for a pair

Marty... no prob... now go show the short arm people what's up

Mark... I can't travel, but feel free to bring and money... I'll fix it

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

Comment

33's on now... looks schnazzy.... about to slap some powersteering and long arms on it.
                Last edited by Sillyneck; 05-09-2007, 03:43 PM.

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

Comment

phil,

that's my baby, lookin awesome! sorry those ford hubs gave you such a hard time. hopefully the rest of the mods go smoothly....can't wait to feel that power steering.

Steve
                  74 Bronco - 6cyl, 3spd manual, 4.56's, 3.5" Cage Lift, 33's, sillyfab extended radius arms & tie rod over knuckle conversion, power brake booster, front discs, ps, procar elite front seats, WH Family Cage, 3 gas tanks, custom front and rear bumpers, softop

Comment

I was glad to drop my rig off there. I will save my thoughts for my post Sillyfab thread in the vendor section. I can venture to say that my post will be a nice little advertising piece as a testament to the quality of customer service. I cannot testify as to the quality of work yet (haven't seen it) but I have no doubt that it will parallel his ability to work with the customer. Thanks Phil, and thanks for putting up with my long PM's telling you how to do your job!
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

yup good old plastic hubs scared the crap outa me when the pass side busted out and i was going down into some ruts... pain in @$$ to get out of the rut.
                      looks like great work there. and PS IS GREAT!!!!! how did i live with out it..
                      {o===o}
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

oh btw.... the warn hubs slid in like butter goddamn 10 piece ford contraption! Yall need to throw those things away!

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

Comment

Working...
                        X