Sacramento Bronco friendly shop ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacramento Bronco friendly shop ?

This forum is awesome ! I have spent the last 3 days after finding this forum reading post after post. Can't get enough !
    My Bronco has been sitting for the last 7 years and I just got the ok to get her running again.
    So, I need help finding a shop to install a new 351 crate motor, a power steering conversion kit, and a few other things. Could anyone recommend a good Bronco friendly shop in Sacramento that could do this for me ?
    74', 351, NP435, 5.5 WH lift, 35's

X2 for Phil "Sillyneck"

He is amazing!!

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Sillyfab here in Sac is the only shop that this club will support in the nor-cal area. Great work, and great customer service. You will not lose having him do your work...hell, he has mine right now...
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

another vote for Sillyfab. He has my cage right now.

Comment

I never did a build thread on this rig. Tim is a great guy... he's too patient and never pushed me hard enough to get his rig back in a timely manner So it took a while but was worth it.... I figured the more I lagged the more beer he'd bring j/k tim

It was completed quite a while ago and came out awesome... he just dropped it off for a cage last week (that I promised I'd get back to him by friday lol)... I suck.... things to way too busy and in this market I don't turn away any work.

His cage is all framed up and I'll add pics as I wrap it up tomorrow. He said make it cool... so from scratch we start and this is what we get. The outter structure is all there... seat frames, cross bars... stringers all to be added.

PS... I love the new website speed!
          Attached Files
          84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

Looks good Phil and I haven't even brought by the beer yet I'll bring a case over tomorrow, I heard you work better after a few drinks.

Comment

Well... took a long time- again.... but looks great. Here's a build set basically.
              Attached Files

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

Comment

Thanks for the Sweet Cage Phil. Looks great and the family is already enjoying it. Here are a few more pictures.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice cage, what do all the shoulder harnesses tie into?
                  69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

they're anchored to the seat frames only for function reasons. If the front seats didn't recline, fold forward, or have major slider range there would be a shoulder bar.

At the same time the rear seat is a fold and tumble. that feature would be useless w/ a shoulder bar.

The safety aspect is debateable. If it was all racing seating and an application more than crawling and cruising I'd suggest shoulder bars. In this application one would be wasting their time and money while defeating nice features of a multipurpose rig.

Normally I wouldn't install shoulder harness either in this application.
                    Last edited by Sillyneck; 06-13-2008, 06:37 PM.

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

Comment

So what do you recommend for my rig? I picked up some 5 pnt. for the front ant they wont reach the floor in the back of the seat.. So I need to do something .. I need to get over their one of these days..

Aaron
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Hey Ponyboy, what seats do you have? I'm like'n them!

Comment

They're out of a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon. I couldn't pass them up for the price...$50.
                          Last edited by ponyboy; 06-13-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X