tranny lines/exqaust clearence question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny lines/exqaust clearence question

I just finished running my tranny hardlines(pics on my project page,Never ending project). I'm wondering how far the lines need to be away from the header? I have a couple of inches clearence as is.
    Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

I saw that and wondering that also. I don't have a clue, but it did seem close. You may think about a heat sheild of some sort.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

couple of inches is fine.... slit a peice of 3/8 rubber hose about 6'' long and put it around the line and it will be extra ok at the header...

pops
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        couple of inches is fine.... slit a peice of 3/8 rubber hose about 6'' long and put it around the line and it will be extra ok at the header...

pops
        You could buy that reflective tubing Summit sells in a flat roll. They sell different diameters too
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

My brake lines are close too my header also..1" or so.. any problems with this??

Not to hi-jack but thanks...
          A
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

1 inch is ok. I have ran headers 1 incl from floor boards too. If you think it will be too hot, just wrap that part of the header/
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
            X