Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone need any parts from a 76 F-150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone need any parts from a 76 F-150?

I was at the local pick in pull yard here in Fresno today and couldn't believe my eyes. There was a complete 76 F-150 4x4 sitting there. It had front High Pinion Disc brake D44 and a 9 inch rear. (full width of course) C6 or maybe C4 not sure, AND an NP203 (Carl?). These Ford NP203 t-cases are hard to find. I looked for one for months when I was setting up my 203/205 doubler and couldn't find one, so I just had to use the Dodge 203. It also had the big 4x4 steering box on it. If anyone needs any of these parts, they are just sitting there! Just an FYI for my EB brothers. Oh yeah, there was also a NP435 just sitting inside of a 2WD F-150! Someone had pulled the engine so the tranny was just sitting there completely unbolted.

Sounds prime picking but damn fresno, What exactly do you nedd for the 203/205 setup. I am considering it for my rig.
    Chris
    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
      Sounds prime picking but damn fresno, What exactly do you nedd for the 203/205 setup. I am considering it for my rig.
      Chris

Hey Chris,

You would need a 203 range box and a 205 t-case. Then you would need the adapters to bolt your tranny to the 203 and one to bolt the 203 to the 205. You'll need to fab up some kind of crossmember to support the t-cases also. Then a twin stick shifter set up or if you twin stick the 205, then you will need a triple stick shifter. Those are the basic parts to put it all together. Depending on what set up you have now, you may need to change one or both of your drive shaft lengths. Hope this helps.

Patrick

Comment

I would love to have the 203 and c6 if it is a small block version. I will be heading down to fresno soon to pick up the Charger...I just don't know when. I am sure it would be gone by then...
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Let me know if either of you want to come down and I can run back over there and pay my $2 to get in and check to see if the good parts are still there. That way you won't waste a trip down.

Comment

Sound like a plan but I won't be able to swing down there until early august. What would you think the 203 and steering box would go for?

Chris
            Last edited by FordCore; 07-14-2005, 10:04 AM.
            70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
              Sound like a plan but I won't be able to swing down there until early august. What would you think the 203 and steering box would go for?

Chris
              I looked at their price list as I was leaving last time and I think a t-case was $99 and I believe the steering box was around $50 or so. I don't remember exact prices but those are ball park.

Comment

patrick
                Can you post a pic of your 203/ 205 of just the tranney to t-case so I can get a better idea of how everything plays a part with the shifter and all. So can I give before iim ready totake the trip to see if the parts are still there?
                Thanks
                Chris

Comment

Here are some pics of the crossmember, shifters and the 205 brace that I made. One of the pics shows the adaper that goes between the tranny and the 203 and the one that goes between the 203 and the 205. I hope this helps.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by crawlin68; 07-14-2005, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Now I see how you attach the 3, but as for the shafts inside on the tranny and 203 I would assume match right up, but how about the 203 and 205? Correct me if im wrong but the 203 is just the forwrad section of a np203 tcase and you remove that and adapt that to the rear section of a np205 tcase. This is my first crawler and its a frame up project so that why so many questions. By talking with Carl I have come to realize that this combo its more versital, stronger, and cheaper, plus I like all the fab work that goes into this. Then the Atlas Klune-V combo.
                    Chris

Comment

In my case, because I used the Dodge 203, I had to have the NP435 output shaft resplined to match the input on the 203. Then I had to have the output shaft of the 203 resplined to mate up to the Ford 205 input shaft. If you can find a Ford 203, I think (now don't quote me on this) but I think that the splines might all match up and the shift lever on the 203 will be on the drivers side along with the 205 shift rails. With mine the Dodge 203 shift lever is on the passenger side. Not a big deal, but it just makes building shifters a little easier when they are all on the same side.

The 435/203/205 combo is pretty much a bullet proof set up and for the money, you can't beat it. I don't know if you are running a auto or manual tranny, but my 435/203/205 set up is only about 1 inch longer than my stock 3 speed/housing/D20 was, so your drive shafts are still a good length.

And you are correct when you said that all that you use is the range box from the front of the 203 t-case. The 203 t-cases are a POS chain driven weak t-case, but the range boxes from them sure are sweet!

Patrick

Comment

What is the 203 shifter cable from???
                        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                          What is the 203 shifter cable from???

You're going to laugh, but I found the cable on a mid 90's Honda Prelude in the Pick-n-Pull yard for $5. It was the shift cable on the Honda, so I started looking at it and though, mmmmmm, that just might work. So I grabbed it and took it home. Turns out it worked just fine.

Comment

looks like it was made for the application...

Comment

Working...
                            X