No announcement yet.

need a new tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was just wonder'n about everybodys MPG with all the different mods.. my 02 PS w/exhust,edge ez box set on highest has been getti'n 19.5 back and fourth to work. havent taken any trips yet. it's an auto runni'n 35'' tires so i'm pretty happy...my 99/6spd with $2500 of banks crap would only get 16 or so with stock size tires!!!

pops
    Last edited by TBS-POPS; 06-15-2007, 05:24 PM.
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

All you guys with the 14MPG and higher with 35s, what gear ratio do you have? I have an 05 superduty with 35s and am getting 11.8 whether I'm doing 60 or 75. This is also down ~2MPH after Fords recall (detune ). Oh, I have 3.73s and no motor mods, diesel of course. This number is what the display shows so not sure how acurate it is.
      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I have 3.73's. With the stock tune I am lucky to get 15. I have the DP Tuner chip and with it's 80HP Econo tune setting, I hit the highest MPG.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny
          However Delta said something about the Dodges. He says something about a great motor wrapped in a "crappy" body. It just aint so folks!! I hear all of this crap all of the time, usually from people who have never owned or even sat in a Dodge.
          This was just a jab to the guys after the comments about going slower in a Ford and black soot onthe windshield. This comment was made specifically because of the rumors that are out there.

I fortunately have had the ability to drive a super high number of Dodges, Fords, and Chevy's coming in and out of my shop, some brand new off the dealer lot and some used. I Must say that Chevy's leather interiors are the most plush and comphy but by far the nicest I have been in is the New style Laramie Suade two tone black-grey leather in the new generation Dodge...just awesome. A close second in is the new F150; cream suadish leather, although very impractacal for my dirty hands, very sweet.
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Delta, Wasn't really picking on you personally, damn computers once again with these written words its hard to tell. I have heard all of the rumors about Dodge and how great the Cummins is and how the rest of the truck is a turd. What I am saying is that is just not true.

I have owned 4 Dodges with the Cummins the first one a 1998 12 Valve was a total piece of crap. It was an automatic and everything about that truck was junk including that 12 Valve cummins motor. It didn't have enough power to get out of its own way, the tranny exploded and thats no exaggeration, the case split and there muliply parts laying on that hill in Rapid City South Dakato were Joanne and I were on vacation. Next day at the local Dodge dealer Down Town Dodge in Rapid City I bought a 2001 Dopdge HO 6 Speed. This was without a doubt the best truck I have ever owned. I also had a 2002 3500 dually Cummins that was an OK truck. It was also a 6 speed HO and while not the truck the 2001 was it was OK. The next Cummins I owned was a 2500 2006 automatic I bought for Joanne. This truck was blinding fast right out of the box. It had leather and all of that other high option crap. That interior was pretty and certainly as good as any Chevy I have ever seen, as is my gasser 1500 Ram. The spin on the Dodges being a turd is usually coming from folks who simple have heard this and don't really know what in the hell they are talking about. I am a member of the TDR or Turbo Diesel Registry in that group there are 219 Dodge Cummins with over a million miles, 142 with over 2 million miles and 37 with over 5 million miles and one marathon Dodge that is documented with 7 million miles. Dont say how many overhuals but it has be a few. Now all of those miles speak very well for the motor no doubt, buy that motor has to be in a truck and if the motor has the miles so does the truck. There is no mention of them wearing bodys out and changing the motors into fresh bodys and I don't believe that is happening.

The Dodge is a damn good truck in most cases. There is a lot of spin on the autos and most of that is probably true. But the truck is a damn good truck as a whole. Is it the best light duty truck?? There is a simple answer for that question!! THERE IS NO BEST TRUCK BRAND. Not now and not ever there are simple to many different uses and different elements for there to be a best. But the arguement will go on forever becuase some damn fool will always believe that what "HE" is driving has simple got to be the best.

Gunny
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to slide in broadside, worn out and throughly used up shouting "WOW" what a ride.

Comment

[QUOTE= THERE IS NO BEST TRUCK BRAND. . But the arguement will go on forever becuase some damn fool will always believe that what "HE" is driving has simple got to be the best.

Gunny[/QUOTE]

How true but I love my 95 Ford my wife bought me

Just funnin ya Gunny
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny
                Delta, Wasn't really picking on you personally, damn computers once again with these written words its hard to tell. I have heard all of the rumors about Dodge and how great the Cummins is and how the rest of the truck is a turd. What I am saying is that is just not true.
                Gunny
                Ooh, I knew you weren't at all. That is why i put a in there...

The only other truck I'd own is the Dodge 2500 with the huge cab. The other company with enough balls to install a a solid axle into the front of the thing. In my humble opinion, Dodge really screwed up pulling the solid axle out of the 1500's for the IFS crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                  This was just a jab to the guys after the comments about going slower in a Ford and black soot onthe windshield. This comment was made specifically because of the rumors that are out there.

I giggled, but I also like the styling of the Ford interior better then my Dodge's
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

The new fords like Gunny's are just awesome My 02 Lariat is a truck interior...nothing special, not too plush but comfortable and easy to work around and easy to clean...but it was pretty cool to drive it off of the lot brand new. I just can bring myself to buy another new truck until this one falls apart. I figure a new 1" turbo, Big Oil HPOP and HP lines, some new injectors, and a big shot of pane or nitro, bump my chip to 140-160 and I will keep up and pretty much smoke most trucks out there. I have been reading that with these mods, a 11 second crew cab is what I could have.

Comment

This is bent70.........delta I'll tell you what I'll trade you straight up my motor and tranny for yours. My engine has the forged rods and not that powder cast shit.....what do you say
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

My brother still has it......although not "officially" for sale, but if your interested he would sell, he just hasn't gotten around to it "officially". Shoot him a pm.
                        70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Originally posted by caryt
                          To play with the big boys and run in the 11's you will need a big pot of money!!!! Your engine more that likely has non Forged rods so you will be severely limited as to what you can do..400hp is the safe limit. NO pane or nitro!!!!!! for you or BOOM!!!

Cary
                          I definitely have the composite rods. I did think of that but thought my HP tolerances would be a bit higher then 400. I am pretty sure I am close to that now. Now, I may be an engine guy, but I have no plans any time soon for tearing this thing down.

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler
                            This is bent70.........delta I'll tell you what I'll trade you straight up my motor and tranny for yours. My engine has the forged rods and not that powder cast shit.....what do you say

Comment

Working...
                            X