Cutting Body lift blocks - or trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Body lift blocks - or trade

I have a 3" body lift and am thinking it is too much. I want to cut it in half. Is there a "better" way to do this? I don't have a bandsaw but was thinking about my chopsaw. Sawzall is probably out of the question since my "straight line cutting" isn't so straight.

I might entertain the thought of trading with someone that has a 2" but wants a 3".

Anybody??

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Vacaville, Ca
    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Jeff,
    As I'm sure you're aware the hardest part of installing a BL is removing the old mounts and bolts. I did mine by myself in about 2 hours, and that was taking my time. Why not install the 3" pucks and see where that puts you?

Otherwise I have a buddy who may be interested in your 3" BL. He's been talking about going from 2" to 3"... I can find out for you.

Tony
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

If you decide to cut them I would cut them to 2". I had a custom 1.5" body lift which is fine, except if your are buying bumpers or fan shrouds they are all made for 2" or 3" body lifts. I have since changed to 2".
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick
        Jeff,
        As I'm sure you're aware the hardest part of installing a BL is removing the old mounts and bolts. I did mine by myself in about 2 hours, and that was taking my time. Why not install the 3" pucks and see where that puts you?

Otherwise I have a buddy who may be interested in your 3" BL. He's been talking about going from 2" to 3"... I can find out for you.

Tony

The BL is actually right now. I just don't like how things are lining up with the steering column, brake lines etc. I have always had 3" BL's on my previous EBs and for some reason this just isn't working for me. Let me know if he wants to swap. Mine does not have the right length bolts in it. It's just sitting on the BL now with no bolts, so he would have to get them.

You might have to start working on that get together to start swaping parts.

Jeff
        Vacaville, Ca
        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
          If you decide to cut them I would cut them to 2". I had a custom 1.5" body lift which is fine, except if your are buying bumpers or fan shrouds they are all made for 2" or 3" body lifts. I have since changed to 2".

Wow! Good point. I didn't even think of that. Man I like the collective brain power of this list.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Jeff
          Vacaville, Ca

Comment

No response yet from my buddy with the 2" BL. So about the other parts swap... when would you like to meet up and get my soft top?

Tony
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

No response yet from my buddy with the 2" BL. So about the other parts swap... when would you like to meet up and get my soft top?

Tony

What works for you? We can meet in the Concord area and have a few cold ones somewhere. That would be fairly centrally located and not to far for you right? If thats a pain, I can come down and get it too. No problem.

Who wants to meet for a beer or three? Speak up so we can get this moving.

Jeff
              Vacaville, Ca

Comment

I can meet up with you in the Concord/Walnut Creek area but it will have to be on a weekend. My work schedule is a bit crazy at the moment and I commute the other direction. Short term looks like Saturday mid-day might be okay or possibly Sunday.

Shall we start another meeting thread? I don't really know the Concord area very well so I can't really suggest a meeting spot.
                Tony
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

I can meet up with you in the Concord/Walnut Creek area but it will have to be on a weekend. My work schedule is a bit crazy at the moment and I commute the other direction. Short term looks like Saturday mid-day might be okay or possibly Sunday.

Shall we start another meeting thread? I don't really know the Concord area very well so I can't really suggest a meeting spot.
                  Tony

Go ahead and start another thread. Keep our fingers crossed. Maybe even down in the San Ramon area? My wife has something going on until early evening Saturday and Sunday is out for me. Maybe the following weekend? Let's see who may be available and go from there.

Jeff
                  Vacaville, Ca

Comment

Working...
                  X