Bronco Nightmare 1976 Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Nightmare 1976 Sport

Always wanted a nice Bronco- I bought this one from Missouri...

I get her here in San Diego and the Smog nightmare has begun>>>>
    if anyone can help me with these parts I'd be forever in debt to them !!!

I went down to the DMV and they said I needed to get her smogged-The local mechanic told me I needed to bring her to a smog referee-

It's a 4bbl Holly now with a aftermarket Intake manifold/Dual exaust----

If you could help me I'm looking for a two barel Intake Manifold/Carb/EGR Spacer for 2bbl Intake manifold-
    also I have to change the exaust back to a two into one with catalytic converter- need an air pump/Air injection Plumbing and Air Switching Valves, EFE Valve and Actuator and Thermo Vacuum Switch/EGR Valve Thermo Vacuum Switch/
    Any help would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks in advance!
    Mike
    PS here she is--
    http://images.lilypix.com/thumbnails.php?album=1990

From your asking for those parts, I assume its a 5.0L EFI engine in there? I am confused, you say its got a 4barrel carb on it yet ask for later year parts......

No original EB came with Cats on them as far as I know, so sounds like your mechanic is useless with older trucks. Sheesh what is he, 18 with no knowledge other than what he learnt in magazines?

Comment

I just went through this with my 77 and I would be happy to help you through the hoops.

California rigs had Cats from 74/75 up. Do you have any of the smog parts, or is everything gone. Go to DMV, pay the sales tax, and transfer fees. Register it as a non-operation, that will get it into your name. But there will be no plates or tags. Any chance that you could get this registered as a "Late 75"? I can fax you some smog pictures of the vaccum hose routing. We will assume that it is a Fed smog Bronco and not a Calif smog Bronco, which may make it easier? Do not believe everything the mechanic says, I had multiple stories on what I needed to do... More latter.

Doug
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Yes, you need a cat.
        You don't have to replace the mainfold, you should just be able to put a spacer on it to run the 2 bbl motocraft carb. Well that is, if it has an adapter for an EGR.
        Really, if it was me, I would sell it back to someone out of State.
        The parts your listing will add up to about 1k before you know it.
        Look for a 75 and older for no smog.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

But thats such a nice starter truck there.... another option is if you have a kinda devious side in regards to laws....... find a junker EB with a VIN on the glove box and a clean title.....

Comment

904Bronco-all the smogg stuff is long gone someone stuck a Holly 600 and aftermarket intake on her/with dual exaust---

- the smog referee said I need all this stuff to get it to pass smog-

two barel Intake Manifold/Carb/EGR Spacer for 2bbl Intake manifold-
            also I have to change the exaust back to a two into one with catalytic converter- need an air pump/Air injection Plumbing and Air Switching Valves, EFE Valve and Actuator and Thermo Vacuum Switch/EGR Valve Thermo Vacuum Switch/

Comment

I have a stock 302 air cleaner if you need it. I will sell it cheap... I know guys with later model rigs that won't pass the visual inspection without a stock air cleaner.

Let me know...
              Tony
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

I have a set of stock exhaust manifolds and maybe a few other parts here too. I'll check for the others and get back with you.

Let me know if you need them.

Jeff
                Vacaville, Ca
                67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Originally posted by mackelchea
                  904Bronco-all the smogg stuff is long gone someone stuck a Holly 600 and aftermarket intake on her/with dual exaust---

- the smog referee said I need all this stuff to get it to pass smog-

two barel Intake Manifold/Carb/EGR Spacer for 2bbl Intake manifold-
                  So you have already been to the smog referee... And I am guessing you have to go back to him to get the smog, not just a test station. At the test station they may not be as particlular as the referee can be. At this point I am going to say that you will have to make the switch to all the the stuff listed above. I know that there are alot of folks here and on ClassicBroncos that have the parts you need, it will be a matter of collecting them. Some of the smog parts can be found new, for a price. I would suggest taking your time and find the guys who have this stuff sitting on the shelf and want to clear the space for little or nothing to help a fellow Bronco owner. I will try and post some engine pictures of mine so you have an idea of what things look like. I am going to guess that you will have to meet Federal emissions and not Calif.

Doug

Comment

Here are some engine Pic's
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by seahawkfan
                      I have a set of stock exhaust manifolds and maybe a few other parts here too. I'll check for the others and get back with you.
                      You will need the stock manifolds because they have a preheat hook up for the choke. You will also need the heat stove, which bolts to the pass side manifold, that provides heated air to the air cleaner snorkle. If you have headers now, something could be fabbed up to work for both. And you will need a factory air cleaner assembly.

Any pick and pull yards near you? Start looking for a 76-77 truck to use as a donor.

This may seem like a monumental project, but it can be done...

Doug

Comment

Thats bitchen Doug thanks for those nice pics-

I'm gonna need a stock air cleaner and exaust manifolds also it looks like

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mackelchea
                          Thats bitchen Doug thanks for those nice pics-

I'm gonna need a stock air cleaner and exaust manifolds also it looks like

Mike
                          I finally was able to view your pic's on Classic, for some reason the link here did not work. Those pictures show stock exh manifolds and stock air cleaner on your rig. Looks like you just need the intake/egr spacer/2B carb and the air injection parts. Not as bad as it sounded... and you found someone on Classic to sell you his take off smog stuff.

Comment

I have a stock intake. I'd need to look at to see if it's what you need. Came of a 74'.
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Here is a stock air cleaner for sale:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103278
                              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Working...
                              X