X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fordyce Closed?!

According to this article anyway.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593785
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Yep for fire restrictions....
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

What!? For how long? I want to do that trail.

Comment

Just another Government Knee Jerk Reaction.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I just got back from about 5 days in the Sierra Nevadas. Look for A LOT more fire restrictions this season, its extremely dry and they already have a ton of restrictions concerning fire/access in a bunch of areas. I spoke to a ranger who stated that in addition to banning campfires, charcoal grills, and the like, there's talk of banning the discharge of firearms in certain dry areas for fire concerns.

Long story short, its going to be a long, dry, campfire-less camping/wheeling season this summer...
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

I think we need a raising the BS flag icon. Why is the Tahoe forest the only one doing this? They didn't do it last year after the week long inferno we had. They didn't do it 10 + years ago when we had 100+ temps for a month straight. WTF? Is it really that dry?

Comment

Like this one?

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                I think we need a raising the BS flag icon. Why is the Tahoe forest the only one doing this? They didn't do it last year after the week long inferno we had. They didn't do it 10 + years ago when we had 100+ temps for a month straight. WTF? Is it really that dry?

I was just relaying what I was told. Hopefully that BS flag wasn't raised over me... The ranger I spoke to was pulling up info from her monitor (unless she was just pulling it out of her @ss while pretending to read what she told me).

It's dry up there but it always is in the summer. Dusty as all get out, both sides of the mountain. Hopefully we don't see too many closures but it doesn't look promising.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Unfortunately the closures are OFTEN needed because of idiots and others that just don't give a $h!t. To many people lighting fires and not tending to them properly causes way to many fires every year. Some of these fires get way out of control and firefighters get killed. All because of stupidity and carelessness. There are plenty of other places to go that are not closed.

BS flags don't need to be raised... awareness and IQ levels do though.

Jeff
                  Vacaville, Ca
                  67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

City Hick I'm calling out the Forest Service not you.

Comment

That's what I thought... I was not too impressed with the ranger posted at the station I visited and she even admitted her own incompetence a couple of times.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Don't get me started on these green truck monkeys!
                        73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

Working...
                        X