X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trail fix vid

How about this for a trail fix:

http://www.thesocalbigdawgs.com/Misc/damage.wmv

By the way those are 2" x .375" wall, but that is/was a 1 ton truck.
    Last edited by highlander; 08-24-2007, 08:26 PM.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Kinda interesting that you posted that today. The owner of that truck passed away last weekend on the Rubicon. RIP Willyswanter

Comment

I saw that video while looking through his build thread, later when I got to the end of the thread I found out the bad news. He was doing some pretty incredible work putting Mogs under that rig. It's a shame he won't be able to finish it.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for sharing that video. I've spent the last hour and a half reading about Willyswanter (Jason Payne) and Dozer (Noel Chadbourne). Both tragic stories, makes you realize how precious your friends are and how fast the things you take for granted can be taken away from you. Very humbling.

Galen
        Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
        I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Sorry, I have to ask. What happened? Have the links to what you were reading?

Thanks,
          Jeff
          Vacaville, Ca
          67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Here's a few:

http://www.norcalbigdawgs.net/phpBB2...ic.php?t=11385

http://www.norcalbigdawgs.net/phpBB2...ic.php?t=11389

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604796

I've probably got 10 more, but you get the idea. I didn't know either of those guys, but it doesn't take much reading to understand what kind of people they were, and how much they are missed.

Comment

Wow!

Thanks.
              Vacaville, Ca
              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Here is his Jason's latest build thread, some pretty amazing work.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594481

Comment

I was up at a shop in p-ville checking on my axles when the sheriff came by asking when their rig was going to be done because they might need it for an extraction. Couldn't figure out how someone could drow in buck and didn't know who it was till I logged on to Pirate on friday. RIP fellow wheeler.
                  71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
                  nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

It's a shame to lose someone that was so well thought of in a tragic accident. I couldn't help but notice in the threads posted by Galen that people were getting phone calls from the sheriff's dept. because their numbers were in his cell phone and they were trying to reach his family.
                    I thought I'd take this oportunity to throw this out there.

If you program I C E #'s (In Case of Emergency) in your phone, ie, ICE Wife, ICE Mom, ICE Dad ect, it is easier to find or notify loved ones in the event of a tragic accident.
                    As a First Responder, the first place we go when we don't have anyone on scene that knows the victim is the " I " section of the cell phones phone book.
                    You can prepare all you want, and god willing that prevention works. But if it doesn't, then every minute counts. In the event that you are unable to consent to doctors care ICE #'s can save precious time. In the unfortunate event of a death the family can be contacted without confusion or undue delay.

Here's to wishing you all long and happy lives.

Tony
                    Last edited by blwngsket; 08-27-2007, 05:22 PM.
                    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Good usefull info Tony... THANKS programing now!
                      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I got some SPAM email about "ICE" numbers a while back and figured it was a hoax... Good to hear this from someone who knows...
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

I never figured out exactly what happened, I saw something about drowning. Never read if he was in or out of the vehicle?
                          Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

From what I read in one of the posts he was swimming out to the island in the lake, and didn't make it. They tried CPR until lifeflight showed up, but it didn't work.
                            Marc D.
                            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

(My appoligies if any of this isn't accurate. No disrespect intended, just trying to fill in what I know.)

From what I read, they got to Buck Island, and decided to swim out to the island in the middle. On the way back, the guy in front didn't notice Jason wasn't with him. When he got back to shore and saw he wasn't there, he swam back out and found him. He was thought to be underwater for 5 minutes before he was found (or brought back to shore, I'm not sure). They took turns with CPR for a long, long time. Part of his group had to head back up the trail looking for some way to get help, and found someone with a Sat cell phone to call. Life Flight picked him up, you know the rest.
                              Last edited by 720Racer; 08-28-2007, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X