Anybody have a stock headliner???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a stock headliner???

I have a headliner to install into a customers rig. I have never installed one...and have only seen a few and didn't pay attention. The headliner is out of the packaging for paint, and has no instructions. There is a piece of chrome trim 4 feet long x 3/4 inches wide and I have no idea where it goes....
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

I believe the trim piece holds the headliner to the top just behind the seats. It helps to keep the headliner from sagging. Mine was a two piece liner (front and rear) and this is where they joined. There should be a piece on the top that it connects to. I kind of looks like a re-enforcement strap for the top. Duel purpose maybe. It goes from the left side to the right side of the top. It has been a few years since I threw mine away so I cannot give more details, sorry.
    Last edited by Dennis; 09-09-2005, 10:18 PM.
    71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Comment

That's what i thought...but it looks like the headliner is one piece. I haven't looked at it closely thogh. thanks for the info...
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Mine was a two piece also, Dennis is right about the strip holding the two parts together and up just behind the seats, mine had screws that held it
        to the hardtop.
        I've never seen a one piece, but that does'nt mean there's not any.

Comment

My customer had the headliner painted and speckled...it is wraped in a sheet so that the back is showing...it might be a 2 piece. I appreciate the help here...not many of our rigs have the liner anymore...

Comment

I miss my old head liner.(well, if I ever put the top back on I will) It was covered with some kind of material. It was an awesome sound deadener, but it was also an awesome spong for dust. As long as you didn't touch it, it was okay. It really got rid of the beer canning when you closed the doors. Sounded almost like a new car when you closed the doors.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
            X