strawberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strawberry

heading to strawberry tomorrow... anyone else running any trails tomorrow?

i might be interested in strawberry run
    70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Busy with Soccer on Saturday's... Sunday's will be better for me in the future.. I would like to get back up there myself before the snow comes...
      That's where I blew the first engine..
      Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

No but my club and I did the Barrett lake trail last weekend. I was fun but it got cold at night. So have fun for me too!

Comment

Originally posted by datawireguy
          No but my club and I did the Barrett lake trail last weekend. I was fun but it got cold at night. So have fun for me too!

Strawberry is a short 1 day trail.. Fun and easy!!
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

It was a great run... first time on strawberry for us...

it was a bit busy with atv and motorcycle traffic but they were all very nice and waited for me as i was a bit slower and blocked the trail...

there was a section where a large rock had been moved recently... about 1/2 way to painted rock, couldnt move it back since it was so big... but you could tell where it came from.....

all in all fun was had by all and trying to head up there before the first snow...

Comment

I know the club that maintains the trail is going to be making some modifications to it in the next few weeks by moving some rocks around and opening back up some of the original trail. It might give it a few more technical sections, but still preserving the trail that is there now for the less equipped rigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Howdy
                I know the club that maintains the trail is going to be making some modifications to it in the next few weeks by moving some rocks around and opening back up some of the original trail. It might give it a few more technical sections, but still preserving the trail that is there now for the less equipped rigs.

I wonder how they are going to be doing that? The trail does not seem like it would allow for bypasses?

Comment

From what I understood the other day some of the current trail being used is some bypasses. They are just going to open back up parts of the original trail that are not currently in use.

Is that rock currently blocking the trail or off to the side? or is there enough room to get around it?

Comment

Is that rock currently blocking the trail or off to the side? or is there enough room to get around it?
                    It was on the right hand side of the trail in its origonall placement. There was a rock on the left next to its origionall place that would have made a little bump but probably easily doable.

Now it has been uprooted and placed in the middle ish of the trail and there is a huge crater that will now sink a tire on the pass side and the rock on the left will lift drivers side... easy to stradle in a bronco not so much fun in an atv i would think...

i stacked a few rocks on the right hand side where the hole was and walked right up it with no worrys.. i stacked some rocks cause if an atv or bike was running it in the opposite direction it could be really bad since you usually do not have sink holes.... i am not sure if it was moved for ground clearance then mabey? cause it might have been hard to straddle??

it was in a slightly wider section of the trail...you could have gone left it was about 2ish feet higher than the right...

i have a pick of it but no way to scan it in.......

last question...

if you can not do painted rock why change the rest of the trail?

i probably dont understand
                    Last edited by green73brc; 10-11-2005, 01:06 PM.

Comment

From what I understood the other day some of the current trail being used is some bypasses. They are just going to open back up parts of the original trail that are not currently in use.

that makes sense i noticed 2 bypasses that we took cause the main trail was blocked and i was really torn cause they did not seem like they currently served a purpose, and i was re-enforcing the bypass...

Comment

Green73brc......Thanks for the info. I will pass it on to the trail boss. I know they were talking about going up there in the next couple weeks to work on the trail, so maybe they will adress this at the same time.

Comment

Anyone interested in going up again? looking to go through on a sunday sometime soon.. ( soccer on sat for me..) ?????
                          Aaron
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Daddy4zack; 10-11-2005, 07:58 PM.
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

A buddy and I might go up sometime in the next 2 weekends. If it doesn't work out with him I will try to get together with the Posse and help out with some trail repair/modifications. I will keep you posted in case you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
                              Anyone interested in going up again? looking to go through on a sunday sometime soon.. ( soccer on sat for me..) ?????
                              Aaron

HOLY smokes in that pic your pass side wheel... that is the rock that is no more.....

i was thinking of trying to head up there next weekend as in 10 days away next weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X