New 5.8 Bronco Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 5.8 Bronco Engine

Picked this up tonight tired of no low end power in the 5.0 don't know what I am going to do now. Thinking about buying a BC EFI manifold adapter 351/302
    http://bcbroncos.com/store/product_i...oducts_id=1060
    I have fuel injection now any one know what else I would need

Brian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bronco Brian; 11-17-2007, 09:38 AM.
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Prior owner killed the link.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
      Prior owner killed the link.
      I will post a pic

Brian
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I'd run that throttle body stuff if it works.
        Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
          tired of no low end power in the 5.0
          Tired of no low end power? Or is it that you floated the valves while playing in the mud at Pop's house???

LOL, J/K... That engine should work out nicely for you. What's your plan? Rebuild it as a fire breathing monster or run it as-is? Either way it ought to be a decent upgrade.

-Tony
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
            Tired of no low end power? Or is it that you floated the valves while playing in the mud at Pop's house???

LOL, J/K... That engine should work out nicely for you. What's your plan? Rebuild it as a fire breathing monster or run it as-is? Either way it ought to be a decent upgrade.

-Tony
            The old engine never had any oil pressure NO low end wont jump a curb in low gear and is a POS I got it for FREE so what do I expect. The plan now is to get a 5.8 EFI Intake (free friend has one ) and a 5.0 mass air upper ( again maybe FREE guy wanted to give me one a few months back ) with a BC Manifold Adapter. than I my pony up for a wire harres for the engine. If I am missing any thing here PLEASE chime in

Brian

Comment

What you forgot was the Q-jet. I actually don't know anything about FI, so that is all I can say.

The old engine never had any oil pressure NO low end wont jump a curb in low gear and is a POS I got it for FREE so what do I expect. The plan now is to get a 5.8 EFI Intake (free friend has one ) and a 5.0 mass air upper ( again maybe FREE guy wanted to give me one a few months back ) with a BC Manifold Adapter. than I my pony up for a wire harres for the engine. If I am missing any thing here PLEASE chime in

Brian
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Brian
                Your going to need a lot of little stuff but it sounds like a great plan. I have an 5.8 in my garage that really needs to go to dump so let me know if you need something like the intake, fuel rails distributor etc. Junkyard stuff but I don't mind shipping it, those qtr guards are sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Your going to need a lot of little stuff but it sounds like a great plan. I have an 5.8 in my garage that really needs to go to dump so let me know if you need something like the intake, fuel rails distributor etc. Junkyard stuff but I don't mind shipping it, those qtr guards are sweet.

Thanks Mike
                  were are you at maybe I could just pickit up then I would take it to the junkyard??
                  I know I will need a intake / Distributer

I see you are in Alamo May just be ezer to seal the kid's car and take off what I need Let me know

Bian
                  Last edited by Bronco Brian; 11-18-2007, 07:52 PM.

Comment

It's not going anywhere, so no rush. If your friend doesn't come through on the intake I'll get this one to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X