BC's Quarter Guard update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC's Quarter Guard update

For those of us waiting for the backordered quarter guards from BC's Broncos. I spoke with Chuck on the phone yesterday afternoon. When I mentioned that Jason had originally told me they'd be backordered until November, he said it would be December now. He told me that he had just returned the second try to the fab shop because "it still didn't fit as well as he'd like". He included "part of his bronco" in hopes of a better fitting product. Hopefully they'll ship this month.

Galen
    Last edited by 720Racer; 12-06-2007, 01:35 PM.
    Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

I forget, didn't he switch fab shops? Thats where all the problems are?
    I mean we wait about 6 months before when he was protyping them, but after that I thought the shop got it right.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Word from Chuck was apparently the shop that did the last "good" run got rid of the molds and he had to start over again.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

He told me (in a slightly frustraded tone) "everything seems to take a little longer here in Texas".

Comment

Ditching molds??? thats pretty stupid, I know if I was Chuck or the fab shop owner, I would rather keep business ties strong by making sure the decision to throw the molds out is Ok with the other half first. SHEESH!

Comment

I am installing mine now and I must say the fit is great.. The quality is better than my fenders. How could a shop throw out a mold? Damn.. I hope Chuck meant December of 07...

Countersunk screws look good but what a pain........

A
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

QUOTE=BRNC70;33193]I am installing mine now and I must say the fit is great.. The quality is better than my fenders. How could a shop throw out a mold? Damn.. I hope Chuck meant December of 07...

Countersunk screws look good but what a pain........

A[/QUOTE]

just wanted to be 1st
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                Word from Chuck was apparently the shop that did the last "good" run got rid of the molds and he had to start over again.
                Sounds like one hell of a lawsuit then. He paid for the molds. They can't just throw them out.
                Vacaville, Ca
                67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

From what I recall, all of the initial money spent was on the dies. I would have a really hard time thinking someone would trash the dies. Well, unless we don't know the whole story.
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

That's what it was. I was thinking they were the same. Do you need dies and molds to make these? Still sounds funny to me.
                    Vacaville, Ca
                    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Just spoke with Chuck yesterday on many subjects including this one. apparently, the molds "disintegrated" after the last run. That is what the fab shop stated. They are starting from scratch again and the first couple sets were not up to spec. The compound curve on the top edge was off. Chuck sent entire bed sides with the bad prototypes in an effort to get them to see the error in their ways.
                      RLTW!

Comment

I got a call from Roxanne this afternoon and she said the quarter guards are finally done, and will ship this week.

Finally!!

Comment

I've been in email contact with Chuck recently about this too... and just ordered a set for myself. They are expensive, but I think they are worth it if they help keep the body straight - I know I'll smack the rear of my EB into a rock sooner or later.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

up to $400 now.. + SH. Then we cut a lot off to match our fenders.. Wow and I thought 300 was a lot when I got mine.

A
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Waiting to see if the new molds are as good as the old ones. Need to see some pic's of these. Oh yea, and it's about time.
                              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                              X