New tread. FINALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tread. FINALLY

Well, I finally did it. I bought some new shoes for the beater. Took forever to mount them up on the beadlocks, but I know they are worth the headache. They are 36X13.50's. Sure look bigger though. Got them at the local 4wheel parts for 181 a peice. Now I just need to get some dirt and rocks under them to see if they are as good as people say they are. Surprisingly enough they run pretty round even without anything to balance them. I put the neighbor boy in there for a size comparison.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by earlybronco72; 01-03-2009, 01:25 PM.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Looks great! Where did you get the bead locks? Was it a set of do it yourself rings or did you buy the rims with them on already? Nice looking rig.

Comment

I've had them for a while now, but they are the DIY bead locks. I got them from a friend that copied his son's set from Rock Stomper. When he built them he used flush mount allen head screws, and I have appreciated them every time I have scraped them across the rocks. I've seen normal bolts sheared off in the same spot. I just can't believe the time he had into them, and he must not value his time much since he sold them to me for $250 for the set. When he sold them to me he built a new set for the wheels he put on the Rockwells he put in his crawler. Crazy old man, but I do miss wheeling with him. He's up in Washington.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

It's a whole new rig...
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
          I've had them for a while now, but they are the DIY bead locks. I got them from a friend that copied his son's set from Rock Stomper. When he built them he used flush mount allen head screws, and I have appreciated them every time I have scraped them across the rocks. I've seen normal bolts sheared off in the same spot. I just can't believe the time he had into them, and he must not value his time much since he sold them to me for $250 for the set. When he sold them to me he built a new set for the wheels he put on the Rockwells he put in his crawler. Crazy old man, but I do miss wheeling with him. He's up in Washington.

Does he want to make another set?

Comment

Working...
          X