I have gone to the dark Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have gone to the dark Side

That is right for my daily driver I need to save on gas. I only drive 2.6 Mi to work but with the Blazer I eat up a lot of gas if I go any whare else. so I got a 1985 4Runner.
    1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Awesome rig. a 85 so it has the solid axle. Does it have EFI too? Great find. Let's wheel the sh!t out of it....ooh, yah, daily driver. Sorry, I forgot.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Randy, sure its and 85? rear windows dont look right. Anyways, I drive a Toy for work commutes also
      Rick-
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

That is the perfect year to buy. It's the last year of the solid front axle and the first year of EFI! Nice find. Not too many around anymore. Especially in as good as condition as that one is!

Comment

I think to truly go to the dark side you'd have to buy a Jeep...
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Sorry , got a little carried away!!!!!
            Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
            I think to truly go to the dark side you'd have to buy a Jeep...
            Last edited by FFMDX; 12-20-2007, 06:02 PM.
            '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Sweet!!!! One of the finest vehicles ever made!
              Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

Originally posted by silverhorse View Post
                Sweet!!!! One of the finest vehicles ever made, second in line after the EB.

Fixed for accuracy.
                Last edited by PhantomEB; 12-20-2007, 06:41 PM.

Comment

If you squint you can almost see a real 4x4, Just kidding toyota makes a great rig. I have owned 4 trucks 2 cars 1 4runner and a 73 FJ40, Which now resides at Delta's buddies
                  Last edited by 69 broncosport; 12-20-2007, 07:36 PM.
                  69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Yes It is a 1985, Yes it is a EFI, Yes it is a SR5 oh ya you did not ask. It did not run. no battery, 4 bolts in the intake to head. starter dead fule pump going out, not a tire matched, two different sets of wheels. I spent the last four weeks fixing everything. There is a little left yet may be more I still have to smog.
                    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 12-20-2007, 07:52 PM.
                    1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Don't feel too bad. I bought an 89 truck, IFS piece o crap to occupy more of the little time and space I have

One plus is it has a top, doors, working heater and cold A/C
                      71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
                      nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

Originally posted by santa View Post
                        Don't feel too bad. I bought an 89 truck, IFS piece o crap to occupy more of the little time and space I have

One plus is it has a top, doors, working heater and cold A/C
                        Well my 79 2wd Blazer has all those things (so does the 4Runner) . But the gas is killing me.

The 4Runner has a strange sound comming from the tranny threw first and second gear, It sounds like a squirrel cage needs oil... real squeaky noise.

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post

Sorry , got a little carried away!!!!!
                          Ok, ok...
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

my 84 yota started making sounds like that in 4th and 5th gears just before it gave up completely. if i only knew now what i knew then. i spent 1100 getting it "rebuilt" at a local shop. anyway it never worked right and i sold the potential wheeler/beater for cheap.

good luck! hope yours is not a problem.
                            73 bronco

Comment

I am getting more and more use to it. Heck I am really starting to like it.
                              I will keep working on it untill it is right.

Comment

Working...
                              X