EBAY door inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBAY door inserts

Anybody know about these? These guys make other fiberglass as well. Just wondering if anybody has seen the quality or fitment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/66-77...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Don't know anything about him, but they look nice in the pictures.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

A guy bought them on CB and loved them, but about 2-3 weeks to ship. No big deal there. 199 is a great deal. I will be in San Diego next weekend. If he can have them ready by then, I will but them and pick them up. That way, I can check quality. I would think the box is small enough to check onto a plane.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I would bet you could check them onto the plane. I have a suitcase that they definately would fit inside. I still don't understand why women need to take that much when they travel.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I was lookin at those as well. The price sure is right.
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

LOL, My friend (Dblue351). bought a hood from that guy.
            Most of the molds he had were old stolen molds from Jim.
            My friends hood is nice but the glass work sucks. Its laid very thin, and out of shape.
            For a trail rig its fine, but I feel sorry for Daily driver that you make a body man spend hours to make them fit and paint right.
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Yeah it is not too bad, but i paid 149 and was able to pick it up since I go down to SD all the time. It is a weak hood, there is not any reiforcement in it like the wildhorse hoods, but for 149 I was fine with it.

WT 4x4
              91' One Ton Bronco
              1971 Bronco
              9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                Anybody know about these? These guys make other fiberglass as well. Just wondering if anybody has seen the quality or fitment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/66-77...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks.
                Hey Carl,
                If you want measurements, I can get you them (He knocked them off from us, so should be the same size). When boxed, they'll probally be to big to put into a suitcase.

Mark
                73 Baja Stroppe
                Sales/Customer Service
                www.Wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mark@Wildhorses4x4 View Post
                  Hey Carl,
                  If you want measurements, I can get you them (He knocked them off from us, so should be the same size). When boxed, they'll probally be to big to put into a suitcase.

Mark
                  Thanks Mark, but if he boot legged these from Jim I am not interested in giving him my business.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                    Thanks Mark, but if he boot legged these from Jim I am not interested in giving him my business.
                    Hi Carl,
                    Well we were the only one that had them at first (We bought the molds and rights from Drew Perroni), but looking at them, I would say they are. They might be the guys that are making them for Toms or they knocked them off from them, but either way, they got a pair of ours or Tom's and reproduced them. Just like the ProFlow style hood he sells, which again, we bought rights to reproduce it from ProtoFab and that guy seems to be making the same hood.

Either way, you know I'll still love you . LO!!!

PS, let me know if you have any problems in the hood, I got a little bit of fire power that might tip the favor your way.........................
                    73 Baja Stroppe
                    Sales/Customer Service
                    www.Wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

[ I still don't understand why women need to take that much when they travel.[/QUOTE]

Marc! Dont go there!!!
                      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Fawk, The last time I traveled with my ex her suitcase weighed 150 LBS. How could a female need that much crap???
                        69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

In the boat business we call it "splashing" If in fact this is a reproduction of WH product with our buying the rights. It is just wrong. No sale. If he can prove it is his mold work then it is cool.
                          1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyatBBY View Post
                            In the boat business we call it "splashing" If in fact this is a reproduction of WH product with our buying the rights. It is just wrong. No sale. If he can prove it is his mold work then it is cool.
                            The only way you could have prevented this was to list a "design" patent on your mold work. Design patents are easy to break by changing any small part of it but it prevents a knockoff. Please note this is different from a utility patent.
                            Anyway too late now. Knock offs serve a purpose in a free market and it is always buyer beware. Forums like this help steer money away from people who knock off stuff but that is strictly based on loyalty and word of mouth.
                            The best way to beat this guy is run a bunch of them identical to his. Market them as the same thin walled stuff as "his". Distinguish these from your current product being the heavier duty version and list those priced good too.
                            Then sell them at his price right along side him in Ebay. That is unless of course he has his molds in Tijuana...
                            Last edited by Spaceburger; 01-06-2008, 09:35 AM.
                            Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

He does all his work in Mexico. I picked the hood up at a warehouse right on the US boarder. He makes them in Mexico then brings them across. Of couse that was all before I knew about the molds.
                              Last edited by dblue351; 01-06-2008, 10:42 AM.
                              WT 4x4
                              91' One Ton Bronco
                              1971 Bronco
                              9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Working...
                              X