EBAY door inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
    The only way you could have prevented this was to list a "design" patent on your mold work. Design patents are easy to break by changing any small part of it but it prevents a knockoff. Please note this is different from a utility patent.
    Anyway too late now. Knock offs serve a purpose in a free market and it is always buyer beware. Forums like this help steer money away from people who knock off stuff but that is strictly based on loyalty and word of mouth.
    The best way to beat this guy is run a bunch of them identical to his. Market them as the same thin walled stuff as "his". Distinguish these from your current product being the heavier duty version and list those priced good too.
    Then sell them at his price right along side him in Ebay. That is unless of course he has his molds in Tijuana...

Correct, we know it so do they. I only say "rights" because Jim has a sense of honor when it come to using someone else's design. He would rather promote that item with the permission of the individual that designed it, then make them angry and stir up a hornets nest.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark@Wildhorses4x4; 01-07-2008, 10:39 AM.
    73 Baja Stroppe
    Sales/Customer Service
    www.Wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
      He does all his work in Mexico. I picked the hood up at a warehouse right on the US boarder. He makes them in Mexico then brings them across. Of couse that was all before I knew about the molds.
      Makes sense, that would explain the low costs.

Mark
      Last edited by Mark@Wildhorses4x4; 01-07-2008, 08:36 AM.
      73 Baja Stroppe
      Sales/Customer Service
      www.Wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Bought the WH inserts today. Good quality, and worth what I paid. Less $$ than retail, but I would have to break your legs if I told you guys how much.

Also, I have read reports on the WH inserts. I have read that they are reinforced with glassed in wood where the step is, reinforced where the soft door hinge would be. Not true. Not saying that it needs it, but saying it isn't there for those who were wondering. The gel coat isn't a nice thick smooth coat like his hoods. I would venture to say, the hoods are not made by the same people. The delux hoods are of a much higher quality than the inserts.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
        X