No announcement yet.

Has anyone Insulated thier Garage Door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone Insulated thier Garage Door?

I am looking into insulating my garage door. The front of the house faces West and gets damn hot in the summer. I know this will also help in the winter to keep it warmer.. Any suggestions?? The cost is 225.00

A
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

A buddy did his with some material that I believe he purchased at Home Depot or Lowes. It definitely helps. Then again for about 4x the cost you quoted you could have a 2" insulated garage door like mine...
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

My neighbor did the Home depot thing. Turned out well, thinking of doing it myself. My brother in Washington State has the thick insulated door. Man is that thing quiet going up and down. Must be nice to have a warm garage.
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

yes my dad has done this to our house... keeps the garage warm durring the winter and cool in the summer...but he did it about 15 years ago..
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I used what we call bubble wrap in the HVAC trade. It's heavy duty silver bubble wrap. I just cut it and sprayglued it to the inside of the sections. Made a huge difference during the summer(east facing door). Doesn't make that much of a difference in the winter because of the air vents in the walls(combustion air for the furnace and waterheater). It's only about a 1/4" thinck and is really easy to work with. Not sure on the cost as I got mine from work. Oh and it's a metal door by the way.
          71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
          nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

Sounds like this stuff works.. I am planning on using a 1.25" thick foam panels with a pvc face.

http://www.falconfoam.com/downloads/..._kit_flyer.pdf

Unless I can find something at home depot/lowes..

ITS COLD IN MY GARAGE. Enjoy!!

A
            Attached Files
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I guess I never thought about the benifits of a cold garage before.
              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BRNC70 View Post
                Sounds like this stuff works.. I am planning on using a 1.25" thick foam panels with a pvc face.

http://www.falconfoam.com/downloads/..._kit_flyer.pdf

Unless I can find something at home depot/lowes..

ITS COLD IN MY GARAGE. Enjoy!!

A
                Damn, Wish my garage was that cold!!! Looks like my EX only smaller
                Last edited by 69 broncosport; 01-08-2008, 07:03 PM.
                69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Holy pencil-top erasers batman!

The Falcon-Foam stuff is what I've seen before. It definitely helps and it also helps contain noise.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

I know the make some 4x8 sheets of a foam Insulation can't you cut it to fit may be cheaper

Brian

I like my car COLD!!!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Bronco Brian; 01-08-2008, 08:23 PM. Reason: add pic
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                    X