stock radiator dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock radiator dimensions

Can somebody post the overall dimensions of a stock EB radiator? My stock rad was toast and thus is long gone. I'm looking for the horizontal measurement including tanks and the vertical dimension. I'm going aluminum and the jury is still out on which type fan to go with...

TIA
    -Tony
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

why are you going aluminum? heat transfer on a brass HX is almost as good as AL and you dont have to worry about the corrosion issue. what do I not know?
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

I still have my stock radiator if you want it, I’m in Roseville.. The stock radiator is 25”wide by 21” tall.. Core is 20”x20”..
      1969 Roseville, Ca

Comment

Thanks Husky, but I actually took some measurements in my rig last night and ordered a "universal" radiator from Summit. This is actually round two for me... I initially ordered one, and when I received it I realized I still had room for a bigger radiator. I sent that rad back last night and ordered a larger one (~25 3/4" x 19")

Spaceburger... I'm no thermodynamics expert but I made my decision based on the improved cooling system performance seen by some friends of mine with trail rigs when they switched to aluminum. I know that the choice of fan and shroud also play a major role in cooling an engine as well. Besides, its only $169 for a brand new alum radiator from Summit, not a bad deal. I know several people running them who have no complaints.
        As far as the corrosion issue is concerned, there are ways to combat this. If I don't like this setup I can always change later...
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Working...
        X