PSD clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSD clutch

So I finally chipped my 7.3, and now my clutch slips when I'm on the higher HP settings (3rd, 4th and 5th gear). Anybody replace their clutch in a 7.3? What did you do about the flywheel. Is the stock a dual mass, or single?

It's a pisser to have that new found horsepower just a button away and not be able to use it.

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

My buddies business have replaced several of thiers. It was done in house. The clutch kit comes with a new flywheel which explains the high cost. Not sure if it is a dual or a single.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

CLaunier has a South Bend and he likes it. It came with a flywheel. I was looking at a Zoom Kevlar on Summit, anywhere from $650 to $1280 w/o the flywheel.
      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

7.3 Clutch

Had the Luk with solid flywheel conversion on my 96' 7.3 with a 60-80hp DP Tuner and loved it. It could easily hold the power, even spooked me a few times with a couple 5th gear burnouts doing 50 mph plus! The stock dual mass is crap. It's noisey wears quickly and is just a poor desighn. I was barely getting 40k out of the DM (un chipped) set up and the Luk had 40k (chipped the whole time) when I sold it and it was still perfect! Which prgrammer do you have? My buddy runs the South Bend in his and is also very happy with it. Both great products. Wish my 6.0 ran as strong as that first gen 7.3 did.
        71'Bronco 5.8efi, ZF5, Atlas 5:1, ARB 44,CTM,s & Warns, Stage 8, 9" 4.88 detroit, disc, 31 spline Dutchmans, 1350 yoke, Duff arms WH coils, Deaver rear "Full ground up in the works"

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd
        "everyone elses tow rig for the time being"

Comment

Working...
        X