No announcement yet.

Spool Orderd,, what do I need to know??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spool Orderd,, what do I need to know??

I picked up my 31 spline axles today and now I am on the hunt for an ARB/Spool. 31 spline ford 9" Any good deals out there?

I have a Detroit Locker now and do not want to go with another one.
    I think I drive a little too much on the street for a spool. But I do like the price.. How are spools on the street??

So any suggestions are welcome..

As soon as I get the rear I will be selling my 28 spline Detroit and Yukon axles.

Aaron
    Last edited by Daddy4zack; 02-18-2008, 04:36 PM. Reason: Spool
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Arb

http://completeoffroad.com/

http://completeoffroad.com/i-123151-...31-spline.html

Now I know he doesn't support are Board but if Caryt can't help you I would try him. Says he won't be under sold

Brian
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I called my old supplier and my price is 725. Complete is 719, great price. 4WP is 864.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
        I called my old supplier and my price is 725. Complete is 719, great price. 4WP is 864.
        Thanks bro.. I have several p.m's into vendors at pirate also.. Just lookin to get the best deal.

A
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Would a spool be that bad on the street??? I like the price!!... Vs. ARB...

A
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I might be up for an ARB also. I have a 31 spline Detroit and it sucks on the street. Let us know what you find out. Maybe a price break for two?
            Darin
            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

A, I run a spool. I like the cost and it dosent load/unload, always predictable. You do have to learn it though, slower through the tight turns and a bit higher (vs 20 psi) air press in the tires are your friend. I'm looking for an ARB for my front to compliment my new Alloy axles Good luck!
              Rick-
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I have a spool because I HATED the Detroit because of 1. the 1/4 turn of back lash, 2. That back lash caused a lag in hook-up compared with my front Detroit that I canned as well. 3. The slam bam thank you mam in and out behavior sucked bad. 4. and the detroit would cause the rear of the EB to sway if I took the foor off and on the pedal in a turn

So I went with the OX in the front that is a spool when locked, and I got a billet full spool in the 9". Now, no lag in the drive train. Hell before with the detroits it would lurch back and forth until it would kill the motor. I will never go back. Anyway, back to your question. I would absolutely rather have an ARB in the 9" Hell yah. But I didn't want to drop the green so I opted for a spool and LOVE it. Always in when you need it. Besides, I know I am a sadistic, but I love the low bark of my swampers when turning a corner or pulling into a gas station. People are like WTF??
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                  I might be up for an ARB also. I have a 31 spline Detroit and it sucks on the street. Let us know what you find out. Maybe a price break for two?
                  Darin
                  you two let me know if you buy 2 and what your low price is. I'll see if my guys will beat it to get the business...

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                    you two let me know if you buy 2 and what your low price is. I'll see if my guys will beat it to get the business...
                    $125 for a spool is hard to beat!!
                    Blwngskit is in for one as well... Maybe we can get a group buy???

A
                    Last edited by Daddy4zack; 02-18-2008, 05:02 PM.
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Yup my future plans are to take that spool I got off of Marc and swap it into the EB, Detroit going into the street car since its gonna get more street miles than the EB I thinkin.

Comment

I run a full spool in my 9 inch, if i was comparing detroit vs spool, i would go spool hands down. " the same reasons delta described". But i myself am also shopping for a ARB i plan on driving the bronco around on the street quite a bit, but i will admit i do like the strange stares in parking lots chirping 37's into a gas station., you do get a little more body lean in slow sharp turns on the street as well with a spool, you get used to it though. but 125 vs 700+ is hard to beat. you will also have to consider quicker tire wear as well if you drive on the street alot.
                        EFI 5.0, NP 435, 5.5 WH lift, Duff Arms, HP 44 front, 37" MTR's

Comment

As long as you are going in a straight line the tire wear isn't any worse for the spool. You know my opinion. I have a spool in the rear, and welded in the front. I'm looking at getting an e-locker for the 44 tomorrow. Love my spool.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                            A, I run a spool. I like the cost and it dosent load/unload, always predictable. You do have to learn it though, slower through the tight turns and a bit higher (vs 20 psi) air press in the tires are your friend. I'm looking for an ARB for my front to compliment my new Alloy axles Good luck!
                            Rick-
                            Yeah that is an ARB for the front... How is the REAR spool on the street? Any thoughts on changing it? BRONRICK,, DELTA???? I LOVE the chirp as well!! $125 vs. $1000 is a big difference..

I will not be changing my front Carrier at this time....

A
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Lookin like Spool is going to be winner based on $$... summit racing $125.00.. hard to beat..

A
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                              X